Nice to see you!

Three major events occurred for me last year (2010), all in the space of about 2 weeks. I turned 50. The following day I got married. Two weeks later, my oldest daughter became pregnant with her first child and my first grandchild.

Most middle-aged people will tell you that in their minds, they still feel 20 something. It's the same for me.

Wasn't it only yesterday that I was planning a night out with guys from the surf club? That gorgeous new perm. Flaired, cuffed denims and the red t-shirt with the off-the-shoulder frill. Corked platform wedgies. **sigh**

Suddenly I'm looking in the mirror and wondering how 30 years can flash by so damned quickly!

So here I am in cyberspace, sharing my genuine shock and horror with anyone who'll listen and maybe I'll even meet some other over 50s who find themselves in the same predicament!

Welcome to my dilemna!!

Monday, March 2, 2015

I'm a studying cook.

I sat down to study at about 9.30am but my brain just couldn't focus, so I went to the kitchen and cooked up a big feed of bacon, eggs, tomato, onions and avocado. That did the trick.

I studied til lunch time, when Adoring Husband arrived home from the SES, so I threw some beef sausages in the oven and while they cooked I chopped up a bowl full of salsa with tomato, capsicum, onion, avocado, cucumber and pear. A pinch of salt and pepper and a squeeze of lime juice to finish it off.

I continued studying til 4.30pm and then it was Chilli Mince with vegetable cakes, which were so delicious!

For the veggie cakes, I riced half a cauliflower, grated 2 cups of sweet potato, finely diced an onion, chopped one bacon rasher, sprinkles of paprika, cumin, chilli powder, turmeric, salt and pepper, 1/4 cup chick pea flour, a handful of chopped fresh flat leaf parsley, a good splash of coconut oil and 3 eggs. I used egg rings to mould them into shape on a large flat tray lined with baking paper brushed with coconut oil, and cooked them in the oven for 40 minutes.

I had two servings of both the chilli mince and the veggie cakes! The servings were only the size of a bread and butter plate, but I couldn't resist. There are heaps left over, so I'll serve them with guacamole tomorrow. Yum.

Tomorrow morning I'm off to the movies with the girls. It will be a nice break from my studies. A bit of light relief. I'm looking forward to it.

 
Nite all.

No comments: