Nice to see you!

Three major events occurred for me last year (2010), all in the space of about 2 weeks. I turned 50. The following day I got married. Two weeks later, my oldest daughter became pregnant with her first child and my first grandchild.

Most middle-aged people will tell you that in their minds, they still feel 20 something. It's the same for me.

Wasn't it only yesterday that I was planning a night out with guys from the surf club? That gorgeous new perm. Flaired, cuffed denims and the red t-shirt with the off-the-shoulder frill. Corked platform wedgies. **sigh**

Suddenly I'm looking in the mirror and wondering how 30 years can flash by so damned quickly!

So here I am in cyberspace, sharing my genuine shock and horror with anyone who'll listen and maybe I'll even meet some other over 50s who find themselves in the same predicament!

Welcome to my dilemna!!

Saturday, August 15, 2015

Catching My Breath

Today was spent just being lazy and catching my breath as I considered my educational future and contemplated life.

For the second time since I began my studies, the 'powers that be' have moved the goal posts and I am discouraged enough to withdraw completely.

I have a number of reasons for doing so, which I won't go into here, but the 'cons' far outnumber the 'pros' at this point and I'm actually feeling positive about my future without study!

So many areas of my life have suffered in varying degrees during the last 18 months. The housework, my photography, my time in the kitchen (which I have really missed), time with the family, my social life and even time with Adoring Husband.

For a 'part time' course, it sure took a LOT of my time.

The one thing that has not suffered, and in fact my skills have become more honed, is my ability to procrastinate!! I was always good at that, but now it has almost become my super power!

My plan for tomorrow is to go through the photos that I took while I was away last week, cook a Sunday roast and then make a plan to methodically clean my house over the next couple of weeks in readiness for Spring, during which I hope to be out with my camera taking amazing shots of nature at it's best!

Tomorrow night, some of you might be interested in watching both Sixty Minutes and Sunday Night because both have a story on the Paleo Lifestyle. Mike Willesee and Charles Wooley will be guinea pigs for the Paleo Lifestyle. I'm very interested to see how they handle the stories.

Well, I may have an early Saturday night into bed and if it's not too chilly in the morning, I might attempt to get up early and head out with my camera! We'll see. I really do enjoy spending these chilly mornings snuggled under the doona. This weather doesn't last very long, so I like to make the most of it while I can.

So watch this space for some family pics tomorrow.

Nite all.  





No comments: