Nice to see you!

Three major events occurred for me last year (2010), all in the space of about 2 weeks. I turned 50. The following day I got married. Two weeks later, my oldest daughter became pregnant with her first child and my first grandchild.

Most middle-aged people will tell you that in their minds, they still feel 20 something. It's the same for me.

Wasn't it only yesterday that I was planning a night out with guys from the surf club? That gorgeous new perm. Flaired, cuffed denims and the red t-shirt with the off-the-shoulder frill. Corked platform wedgies. **sigh**

Suddenly I'm looking in the mirror and wondering how 30 years can flash by so damned quickly!

So here I am in cyberspace, sharing my genuine shock and horror with anyone who'll listen and maybe I'll even meet some other over 50s who find themselves in the same predicament!

Welcome to my dilemna!!

Monday, August 10, 2015

Sunny Coast, I am in You!

This morning, I arose much earlier than I have for probably a year.

I had a 6am start.

I made 50 energy balls for Adoring Husband and then some curry sauces ... two large containers of curried sausages, two containers of Butter Chicken sauce and two containers of Korma curry sauce.

I showered, washed and blow dried my hair, finished packing and then we left with enough time to get two coffees and check the mail, before driving to the train station in Howard.

I had an easy train trip, although there seemed to be a lot of kids and babies and one woman who wanted to spend 90 minutes of a two hour trip talking very loudly on the phone .. I could even hear her over my ear phones on full volume while attempting to listen to a Harry Potter movie!

The Nikonian was waiting for me at the station and with lots to catch up on, we chatted non stop as we headed into Montville for lunch at 'Poets' cafe. The food, as always was delicious and afterwards we browsed through some shops, but didn't buy anything (yes that may seem surprising coming from me!)

We bought some alcohol and nibbles and headed home for a relaxing afternoon of drinking, eating and talking.

I already feel like I've been on holidays for a week. It's been fun and relaxing catching up with my friend.

It's already after 11.30pm and we have an early start tomorrow, so I'm signing off right here.

It's going to be a big day and you know what it's like the first night with my little Chicklet, so I may or may not be here for tomorrow!

Nite all.

No comments: