Nice to see you!

Three major events occurred for me last year (2010), all in the space of about 2 weeks. I turned 50. The following day I got married. Two weeks later, my oldest daughter became pregnant with her first child and my first grandchild.

Most middle-aged people will tell you that in their minds, they still feel 20 something. It's the same for me.

Wasn't it only yesterday that I was planning a night out with guys from the surf club? That gorgeous new perm. Flaired, cuffed denims and the red t-shirt with the off-the-shoulder frill. Corked platform wedgies. **sigh**

Suddenly I'm looking in the mirror and wondering how 30 years can flash by so damned quickly!

So here I am in cyberspace, sharing my genuine shock and horror with anyone who'll listen and maybe I'll even meet some other over 50s who find themselves in the same predicament!

Welcome to my dilemna!!

Wednesday, August 12, 2015

Food Heaven

Today, I was introduced to another cafe in Noosaville that is a little piece of food heaven.

The 'Deli Cafe' which is totally gluten free and located on Weyba Road, is very spacious, with a large deck which has a bohemian, rustic and relaxed style and serves the most delicious food .. especially their sweets and desserts!

Blueberry and lemon cheesecake, white chocolate tart, turkish delight slice, lemon meringue tarts, chocolate brownies, passionfruit cheesecake, salted caramel tarts and the list goes on and on. They sell different flavoured kombuchas, delicious coffee, paleo meals, vegan meals and a variety of fresh salads to die for.

If I lived in the area, it would be my 'go to' whenever I wanted to eat out.

After lunch we took Chicklet to the play area in Civic, while the Bare-chested Chef shopped for some groceries. Upon his return, we tag teamed and Vegan Chickie and I went for a short stroll to check out some tops that I admired on the way in and then bought some fresh juice and a smoothie, while TBCC watched Chicklet playing.

This afternoon, as Chicklet and I played 'artist' on our iPads, a huge storm blew over us providing very large black clouds, an amazing light display, cracking thunder and heavy rain .. all lasting for about an hour. We got about an inch (24mm) of rain out of it.

The Bare-Chested Chef covered the dining table tonight, with an array of prepared salad items, dressings, cheese and nuts so that we could create our own salad for dinner. We had avocado, watercress, red & green capsicum, snow peas, radish, pea & bean sprouts, lettuce, fennel, carrot, artichoke, goat's cheese feta and flaked almonds.

My body was so grateful for all of that fresh, crisp, healthy goodness.

I attempted to eat the lemon meringue tart that I had brought home from the deli today, but didn't even get halfway through it .. I am hoping that tomorrow will bring more success .. I'm not used to all that sugary sweetness!

It's almost 10.30pm and it's definitely sleep time for me, but just before I go ...

Nite all.

No comments: