Nice to see you!

Three major events occurred for me last year (2010), all in the space of about 2 weeks. I turned 50. The following day I got married. Two weeks later, my oldest daughter became pregnant with her first child and my first grandchild.

Most middle-aged people will tell you that in their minds, they still feel 20 something. It's the same for me.

Wasn't it only yesterday that I was planning a night out with guys from the surf club? That gorgeous new perm. Flaired, cuffed denims and the red t-shirt with the off-the-shoulder frill. Corked platform wedgies. **sigh**

Suddenly I'm looking in the mirror and wondering how 30 years can flash by so damned quickly!

So here I am in cyberspace, sharing my genuine shock and horror with anyone who'll listen and maybe I'll even meet some other over 50s who find themselves in the same predicament!

Welcome to my dilemna!!

Monday, September 7, 2015

How it Feels

I don't know about you, but this is how it feels for me ...


It's always shocking when someone makes an 'old' comment, or I see a photo of myself, or I see an old friend after a long period of time or when I have to tick the 'over 50' box on a questionnaire.

How my body looks and how my brain thinks, are two completely different things!

My cold symptoms seem to have withdrawn again today. I've coughed a couple of times, but no runny nose and no congestion and I've felt more energised. 

I spent an hour pedalling around in the warm Winter sunshine searching for Tawny nests again, without any luck. I found a Crested Pigeon nest but it was inside somebody's front yard and there was no clear view for my camera to get a good shot. I could see one little baby poking it's head out from under the parent but just couldn't get close enough for a shot.

I also found a Noisy Mynah nest with chicks, but it was just a little too high for me to reach for a shot. If it was a more interesting bird, I might drag a ladder to the tree for a better angle.

That was the only luck I had in the hour.

Tomorrow, I'm off to the movies with a couple of my girls to see Ricki and The Flash starring Meryl Streep, her real life daughter Mamie Gummer and one of many heart throbs from my youth, Rick Springfield. I'm looking forward to it.

Still no adventure in the kitchen. Twice now, I've sat down to search my recipes, but got side tracked by emails and facebook and links to interesting stories. Before I know it, a couple of hours have passed and I get side tracked by something else like hanging washing on the line or cleaning the toilet or helping Adoring Husband with something. 

The procrastination queen strikes again!

Nite all

No comments: