Nice to see you!

Three major events occurred for me last year (2010), all in the space of about 2 weeks. I turned 50. The following day I got married. Two weeks later, my oldest daughter became pregnant with her first child and my first grandchild.

Most middle-aged people will tell you that in their minds, they still feel 20 something. It's the same for me.

Wasn't it only yesterday that I was planning a night out with guys from the surf club? That gorgeous new perm. Flaired, cuffed denims and the red t-shirt with the off-the-shoulder frill. Corked platform wedgies. **sigh**

Suddenly I'm looking in the mirror and wondering how 30 years can flash by so damned quickly!

So here I am in cyberspace, sharing my genuine shock and horror with anyone who'll listen and maybe I'll even meet some other over 50s who find themselves in the same predicament!

Welcome to my dilemna!!

Saturday, September 12, 2015

Crash Hot Not

What a rainy start to the day!

I didn't even get out on my trike until about 9.30am and then I got caught in a couple of light showers before I returned home.

I bought my coffee (and one for Adoring Husband) and made a quick visit to the markets where I bought the desk organiser that I had admired last month.

I may have had a touch too much wine last night .. to drown my dental woes .. and I wasn't feeling fabulous today, so I crashed on the couch where I watched a few movies before the football finals started.

For lunch I created a couple of plates full of fruit and veg with guacamole dip. Celery, capsicum, cucumber, carrot, pear, strawberries, boiled egg, cherry tomatoes, sauerkraut and smoked salmon. It was delicious and full of healthy goodness. All of it, except the pear and salmon was organic.

After that we munched on something less healthy .. store bought pork crackle. As delicious as it was, it left me feeling decidedly unwell and bloated and uncomfortable for about four hours afterwards. So bad that I couldn't eat dinner and all I wanted was water and sleep.

I had a power nap for about twenty minutes before the footy started this afternoon and then prepared dinner for AH. Crispy skinned chicken with salad.

Both footy games tonight were exciting games and happily for me, my team, the Brisbane Broncos won theirs against the Cowboys. AH's team plays tomorrow.

I played with a couple of photos from Fraser Island ... the first is a Scarlett Honeyeater and the second is a White Cheeked Honeyeater.



It's 10.30pm and I think I'll head to bed now. A good night's sleep will energise me for tomorrow. I have to edit the photos from my trip to Griffith and people are waiting for them. I also have a few more from Fraser Island .. family pics that need to be edited.

Happy birthday to the Nikonian for today too!

Nite all.

No comments: