Nice to see you!

Three major events occurred for me last year (2010), all in the space of about 2 weeks. I turned 50. The following day I got married. Two weeks later, my oldest daughter became pregnant with her first child and my first grandchild.

Most middle-aged people will tell you that in their minds, they still feel 20 something. It's the same for me.

Wasn't it only yesterday that I was planning a night out with guys from the surf club? That gorgeous new perm. Flaired, cuffed denims and the red t-shirt with the off-the-shoulder frill. Corked platform wedgies. **sigh**

Suddenly I'm looking in the mirror and wondering how 30 years can flash by so damned quickly!

So here I am in cyberspace, sharing my genuine shock and horror with anyone who'll listen and maybe I'll even meet some other over 50s who find themselves in the same predicament!

Welcome to my dilemna!!

Sunday, September 13, 2015

Lacking Motivation

I have so many plans in my head for all that needs to be done around the house, as well as all that I want to do, including photography and cooking.

The list is so long that it's difficult to know when and where to start!

Rather than figure it out, my brain just shuts down. My butt just sits down, and nothing even gets started.

I think I'm just a little bit overwhelmed by it all.

I wonder if a 'to do' list would help?

Then I could just slowly but surely tick things off as I go.

Of course, the other problem is that I'm a perfectionist and I can't just do a half hearted job .. if I can't take the time to do it perfectly, then I don't want to do it at all!

The longer I leave it, the bigger the job! It's a catch 22 situation really.

So, instead of doing those things and instead of complaining too loudly about it, I am going to list all the things that I love and enjoy and appreciate about life and living!

That's much easier than getting physically productive and doing what needs to be done!

I love being married to Adoring Husband.

I love sunny Spring days.

I love smiling faces.

I love sunrises and sunsets.

I love clear starry nights.

I love fresh flowers.

I love the sound of laughter.

I love random acts of kindness.

I love music.

I love fresh delicious food.

I love to hear 'I love you'.

I love big warm hugs.

I love gently waking from a sound sleep.

I love honest friendship.

I love baby giggles.

I love family.

I love bare feet in the sand.

I love my first coffee of the day.

I love watching the full moon rise out of the ocean.

I love the smell of spices frying at the beginning of a curry.

I love a hot shower on a Winters morning.

I love the salty smell of the ocean.

I love cute baby animals.

I love fresh veggies from the garden.

I love the smell of rain on freshly cut grass.

I love road trips with BFFs.

I love bright happy colours.

I love a cool breeze on my face as I fall asleep.

I love a glass of wine with friends at the end of a long day.

I love sitting alone in my house and sobbing uncontrollably over a sad movie.

I love watching an eagle soaring over the ocean.

I love open fires.

I love rainbows.

I love reading bed time stories to Chicklet.

Do you have your own 'I love' list?

I still have some more photos to edit tomorrow. BGWLBH, I haven't forgotten .. they are still coming :)

Bed time for me.

Nite all.

No comments: