Nice to see you!

Three major events occurred for me last year (2010), all in the space of about 2 weeks. I turned 50. The following day I got married. Two weeks later, my oldest daughter became pregnant with her first child and my first grandchild.

Most middle-aged people will tell you that in their minds, they still feel 20 something. It's the same for me.

Wasn't it only yesterday that I was planning a night out with guys from the surf club? That gorgeous new perm. Flaired, cuffed denims and the red t-shirt with the off-the-shoulder frill. Corked platform wedgies. **sigh**

Suddenly I'm looking in the mirror and wondering how 30 years can flash by so damned quickly!

So here I am in cyberspace, sharing my genuine shock and horror with anyone who'll listen and maybe I'll even meet some other over 50s who find themselves in the same predicament!

Welcome to my dilemna!!

Wednesday, September 16, 2015

A Good Start

This morning, I did get a start on my original 'to do' list.

I said that I'm a perfectionist and need to take the time to do the job properly ... well today was a perfect example.

It took me over 3 hours to

  1. 'Partially' clean my main bathroom. I cleaned out the drawers and washed the insides of them before reorganising and replacing the contents. I tossed away one and a half grocery bags of out of date or 'I will never use this stuff' stuff. I cleaned the basin, the bench and the bathtub. Mopped the floor and changed the bath mats. I still need to clean the shower recess and dust the free standing cupboard.
  2. Vacuum and mop the family room, my study and the kitchen .. then towel dry the floors.
  3. Three loads of washing.
  4. Roast a chicken to be used for lunch and dinner.
  5. Make Adoring Husband's lunch of chicken and salad.
That's it!!

A big bonus was finding my Emu Oil in the bathroom cupboard! I have a jar of the rub and a bottle of the oil, which is great for Adoring Husbands sore muscles.

Because of his tremor, his neck muscles give him quite a bit of grief and sometimes he needs some deep tissue massaging. I've been using Tiger Balm, which is quite effective, but I'm hoping that the Emu oil or balm will do the trick because it's much easier to wash off my hands and it doesn't smell as strong.

Anyway, by the time I'd finished that short list of housework, it was 1pm and I'd had enough.

Is it any wonder that I avoid my 'to do' list when it takes me so long to do so little!

I have to add cleaning the pantry as well as cleaning out all of the kitchen cupboards to my list. It's definitely the time to do it all .. spring cleaning and decluttering .. a fresh start.

I found my little soft cover book 'Speed Cleaning' so I'm going to read that and see if it can give me some tips on being less perfect and more efficient with a regular house keeping routine.

Once I get myself organised with the house stuff, I will feel free to reward myself with time in the kitchen and also out with my camera.

My back garden, this afternoon, has been a hive of activity with bird life. I saw a Peaceful Dove, a Crested Pigeon, two Blue Faced Honey Eaters, a Lewin's Honey Eater, a Wattlebird, two Willy Wagtails and three Rainbow Bee Eaters ... oh and 4 chickens! I almost don't have to leave my front door to get some nice bird shots.

It's 11pm.

Bed time.

Nite all.

No comments: