Nice to see you!

Three major events occurred for me last year (2010), all in the space of about 2 weeks. I turned 50. The following day I got married. Two weeks later, my oldest daughter became pregnant with her first child and my first grandchild.

Most middle-aged people will tell you that in their minds, they still feel 20 something. It's the same for me.

Wasn't it only yesterday that I was planning a night out with guys from the surf club? That gorgeous new perm. Flaired, cuffed denims and the red t-shirt with the off-the-shoulder frill. Corked platform wedgies. **sigh**

Suddenly I'm looking in the mirror and wondering how 30 years can flash by so damned quickly!

So here I am in cyberspace, sharing my genuine shock and horror with anyone who'll listen and maybe I'll even meet some other over 50s who find themselves in the same predicament!

Welcome to my dilemna!!

Sunday, September 6, 2015

Into the Future

Four or five years ago, Vegan Chickie introduced me to a site where you can write a letter to your future self and then select a date in the future where they return the letter to your email address.

I've been writing to myself every year, talking about my fears, my accomplishments, my hopes and dreams, my disappointments, my celebrations, my highs and my lows.

Every year, I forget that I've done it and every year, I get excited when I see my letter appear in my inbox.

It's always exciting for me to read about my life from just one short year ago and how things have changed in that time. How I've recovered from the low times like the tornado, and how I've coped with challenges like Adoring Husband's and my health issues. How my kid's lives have changed and how they follow their own paths into their future. The new people I meet and how they affect my life.

So I thought I would share the link here and perhaps you would like to try this yourself. Go to this link ...

Dear Future Me

When you've finished your letter, you can choose to make it 'public and anonymous' or 'private' - I always select 'private' and then hit send. They request verification by sending you an email to verify your email address. Upon completion of the process, a box will appear asking you to donate to the site but you don't have to donate at all, just close the page.

That's it!

One of our lovely neighbours dropped by with a packet of fresh fish that he had caught this morning, so I crumbed it with almond meal and shallow fried in coconut oil for lunch. I've never had mackerel before, which is a bit scary because I thought it was mullet, which I know is safe for me to eat. By the time I found out it was mackerel, I had already eaten one fillet.

It's been four hours since lunch with no ill effects, so hopefully, I now have another 'safe' fish to add to my 'non-allergic' list!

My cold is still lingering, but not taking control. I'm putting up a good fight! It's been a pretty lazy Sunday because I figure I should not overdo it to give my body the best chance to keep this cold at bay.

Not so lazy for AH who has been in the garden again working extremely hard!

Oops! It's after 6pm and I haven't even started dinner so I'd best sign off.

Nite all.    

No comments: