Nice to see you!

Three major events occurred for me last year (2010), all in the space of about 2 weeks. I turned 50. The following day I got married. Two weeks later, my oldest daughter became pregnant with her first child and my first grandchild.

Most middle-aged people will tell you that in their minds, they still feel 20 something. It's the same for me.

Wasn't it only yesterday that I was planning a night out with guys from the surf club? That gorgeous new perm. Flaired, cuffed denims and the red t-shirt with the off-the-shoulder frill. Corked platform wedgies. **sigh**

Suddenly I'm looking in the mirror and wondering how 30 years can flash by so damned quickly!

So here I am in cyberspace, sharing my genuine shock and horror with anyone who'll listen and maybe I'll even meet some other over 50s who find themselves in the same predicament!

Welcome to my dilemna!!

Wednesday, September 9, 2015

Wrinkles Be Gone!

Years ago, in the mid 90s, I used a beauty product that smoothed away wrinkles .. not that I had serious wrinkles back then, but in my mid 30s I felt that I had some fine lines that I wasn't too happy with .. oh to have those fine lines now!

The particular product was from a well known brand and it tightened the skin around the eyes which caused the lines to disappear. It was quite magical, however, after about 2-3 hours it became quite noticeably powdery around the eyes which kind of highlighted the lines even more. So I stopped using it.

A few months ago, I discovered a similar product, but was unable to purchase it, due to company limits on international orders. Recently those rules and limits changed, so I ordered some, which arrived today.

I dabbed it around one eye only, so that I could compare the 'before' and 'after'. How stupid of me NOT to take a photo! Ok, I'm going to go into the bathroom right now and conduct the experiment again and take a photo, so that you can see how it works.

Be right back ...


I only used my iphone to take the photo, so the quality isn't very good. Perhaps I'll have another go on Friday and use my camera to get a clearer pic.

So, yes, it removes the wrinkles, but unfortunately it does exactly the same thing that the cream I used in the 90s did. The skin goes powdery after a few hours. It probably took about 4 hours for it to happen this time, but it still happens.

I will use it on Friday night and get some friendly critique from the girls.

Anyway, thought I would share a few quotes. Tomorrow, I hope to have some photos of Adoring Husband's family and the grandies to share here. Fraser Island is on the agenda!




Got an early start, so I'd best hit the sack.

Nite all.

No comments: