Nice to see you!

Three major events occurred for me last year (2010), all in the space of about 2 weeks. I turned 50. The following day I got married. Two weeks later, my oldest daughter became pregnant with her first child and my first grandchild.

Most middle-aged people will tell you that in their minds, they still feel 20 something. It's the same for me.

Wasn't it only yesterday that I was planning a night out with guys from the surf club? That gorgeous new perm. Flaired, cuffed denims and the red t-shirt with the off-the-shoulder frill. Corked platform wedgies. **sigh**

Suddenly I'm looking in the mirror and wondering how 30 years can flash by so damned quickly!

So here I am in cyberspace, sharing my genuine shock and horror with anyone who'll listen and maybe I'll even meet some other over 50s who find themselves in the same predicament!

Welcome to my dilemna!!

Thursday, October 8, 2015

Trekking

A couple of days ago I booked a date with Apple and Reality TV Queen to go trekking through the bush in search of the elusive lake.

Adoring Husband and I went searching for the lake about 4 years ago, but the weather had been so wet, that the lake was flooded and we couldn't get anywhere near it due to the vast expanse of water surrounding it.

Today was a different matter altogether!

I donned my jeans and hiking boots - for safety - after all it is Spring and the snakes are out ready to party!

The other girls donned their shorts and sandals questioning my attire.

I carried my camera bag and a bottle of water.

They carried a big stick each and had their dogs.

We drove from Apple's house to the track (which really wasn't very far at all).

They let their dogs off the leash and let them run ahead while we figured out what direction to walk.


When we reached the point where we had to decide between three directions, we knew that 'straight ahead' was not the right way. I said, "I think we should go left, but I have a terrible sense of direction, so let's go right".

We followed the path for about 20 minutes and suddenly there in front of us, was the infamous lake! Or what is left of it ...


Obviously, we are in desperate need of some rain! Very cracked and dry in places.


We walked right across the middle of the lake and around the edge of it back to where we first came across it.


It was nice to see some bird life. The whole idea of this trek, for me, was to find birdlife, but the dogs soon put a stop to that! At least now, I'm familiar with the path and in the future, will be able to find my way there on my own.

I'll take my little folding chair, perch myself upon it, and wait for the birdlife to come to me!

Luckily, it was easy to find our way back to the beginning of the path where we climbed back into the twin cab with two very muddy dogs and drove back to Apple's house, where we sat on her deck drinking tea and coffee for about an hour.

After I left her house, I bought my morning coffee and returned home to find that Adoring Husband had been doing some cleaning in the garage.

We watched a couple of recorded shows on TV, I cooked lunch and then he drove into The Bay to run some errands. Unfortunately, when he arrived in The Bay, he realised that he'd left his wallet at home!! He was not a happy man.

He picked up our FROG box on the way home and then headed straight out to the garden for some outdoor therapy.

At 4pm, I demanded that he come with me to the beach for a bare foot walk along the sand. The tide was almost full, so there wasn't much beach to walk along and the wind was almost gale force but we splashed through the water and walked for about 25 minutes before driving to the park where we sat for a while enjoying the water views and I asked AH to walk with me to see the Tawny Frogmouth nest near the Seat of Knowledge.

All in all, it was a very pleasant way to spend an hour.

So my day has included about two hours of walking and twenty minutes of triking. That's more exercise than I've done for quite some time!

It's almost 10pm and I'm off for an early night.

Nite all.

No comments: