Nice to see you!

Three major events occurred for me last year (2010), all in the space of about 2 weeks. I turned 50. The following day I got married. Two weeks later, my oldest daughter became pregnant with her first child and my first grandchild.

Most middle-aged people will tell you that in their minds, they still feel 20 something. It's the same for me.

Wasn't it only yesterday that I was planning a night out with guys from the surf club? That gorgeous new perm. Flaired, cuffed denims and the red t-shirt with the off-the-shoulder frill. Corked platform wedgies. **sigh**

Suddenly I'm looking in the mirror and wondering how 30 years can flash by so damned quickly!

So here I am in cyberspace, sharing my genuine shock and horror with anyone who'll listen and maybe I'll even meet some other over 50s who find themselves in the same predicament!

Welcome to my dilemna!!

Tuesday, October 6, 2015

Externalising

It was a nice morning tea with eight of us in attendance and afterwards four of us drove into The Bay for a movie date!

We all enjoyed 'The Intern'.

Robert De Niro was, as always, amazing. He is so versatile and can play characters ranging from an evil, murderous criminal to a tough guy cop to a loving disabled patient to a strong caring champion to the underdog.

He is one of my favourite actors. I loved him in all of his earlier movies like The Godfather II and Taxi Driver, The Untouchables and Stanley and Iris, but Awakenings, which is one of my all time favourite movies, put him firmly in my top 3 actors list. He is 72 years of age, has appeared in more than 90 movies and currently has 6 movies in various stages of production. That's one hell of a career!!

Anne Hathaway was pretty good too. She is not one of my favourite actors, but she is growing on me.



We weren't home long from our movie date, when it was time to head down to the park for our monthly barbecue.

There were sixteen of us and it was a perfect evening. Clear skies and a gentle breeze, good company, delicious food and a nice wine or two. Always enjoyable.

Adoring Husband didn't join us tonight because he had SES duties out of town.

I pedalled home with head and tail lights flashing, emptied my cold bag, stacked the dishwasher and was sitting down on my couch to watch X-Factor by 7.30pm.

I love my life.

Nite all.

No comments: