Nice to see you!

Three major events occurred for me last year (2010), all in the space of about 2 weeks. I turned 50. The following day I got married. Two weeks later, my oldest daughter became pregnant with her first child and my first grandchild.

Most middle-aged people will tell you that in their minds, they still feel 20 something. It's the same for me.

Wasn't it only yesterday that I was planning a night out with guys from the surf club? That gorgeous new perm. Flaired, cuffed denims and the red t-shirt with the off-the-shoulder frill. Corked platform wedgies. **sigh**

Suddenly I'm looking in the mirror and wondering how 30 years can flash by so damned quickly!

So here I am in cyberspace, sharing my genuine shock and horror with anyone who'll listen and maybe I'll even meet some other over 50s who find themselves in the same predicament!

Welcome to my dilemna!!

Wednesday, October 7, 2015

Gone But Not Forgotten

Today, we delivered our camper van to the neighbours and swapped it for a generous payment.

I felt a bit sad that it was gone and I know that Adoring Husband struggled to let it go, but it was time.

We had taken it into town for the roadworthy and some other checks this morning and while we were there, I got in some retail therapy.

I bought a few small Christmas presents to put away and some clothes for Chicklet. I bought myself a couple of t-shirts and some fresh flowers. We did some grocery shopping and got the ingredients for yet another batch of dog food.

As soon as we arrived back in town, AH delivered the camper van and all the extras to our neighbours. While he showed them how to set it up and pull it down, I spent 2 hours cooking the pumpkin, preparing the dog food and then cleaning up the vast mess that I tend to create in this process.

My back did not like standing in the kitchen for that long in my good shoes (even though they were flat), so I desperately needed to sit for a while afterwards. Just in time for AH to arrive home with a couple of coffees!

Because he read it in my blog that I was quitting coffee, but I did not tell him to his face, he decided it was ok to get me an afternoon brew. I must admit I was secretly pleased that he did this :)

I am going to cut back to just one coffee each day - my morning coffee - for a while, so that I don't have such terrible withdrawals when I eventually cut it completely.

I may continue to have my morning coffee while babysitting Chicklet for two weeks in November.

After that, I plan on drinking coffee on Tuesday mornings with the ladies and 'once in a while' if I meet with BGWLBH or The Nikonian - which is only a couple of times each year.

Something exciting that happened for my youngest daughter, Bubbles, is that one of her photos was featured on the weather page of the Daily Telegraph newspaper.


Since it's only the second time she's ever climbed out of bed at 'stupid o'clock' to be on the beach for sunrise, it was a nice reward for her to see one of those pics published.

Also, my little Chicklet has been going to swimming lessons!


She loves it!

Well, it's an early night for me so ...

Nite all.  

No comments: