Nice to see you!

Three major events occurred for me last year (2010), all in the space of about 2 weeks. I turned 50. The following day I got married. Two weeks later, my oldest daughter became pregnant with her first child and my first grandchild.

Most middle-aged people will tell you that in their minds, they still feel 20 something. It's the same for me.

Wasn't it only yesterday that I was planning a night out with guys from the surf club? That gorgeous new perm. Flaired, cuffed denims and the red t-shirt with the off-the-shoulder frill. Corked platform wedgies. **sigh**

Suddenly I'm looking in the mirror and wondering how 30 years can flash by so damned quickly!

So here I am in cyberspace, sharing my genuine shock and horror with anyone who'll listen and maybe I'll even meet some other over 50s who find themselves in the same predicament!

Welcome to my dilemna!!

Wednesday, September 7, 2016

I Killed a Pig!

Another typically full-on day with Chicklet today.

She slept well, with no nightmares last night, so I got to have a lie-in. I woke at 7.30am but stayed in bed for an hour and eased myself into the day. The Bare-chested Chef was kind enough to buy and deliver my morning coffee before he headed off to work. I couldn't have asked for a better start to the day.

Chicklet and I opened the Day 3 envelope from Mama and found the Wonder Woman lego figurine, two temporary tattoos (Chicklet chose 'the flash' today), a word to find in the house (Vegan Chickie has stuck words over different items in the house and Chicklet is given a word every day that she has to find and match), a colouring in sheet, a puzzle sheet and a letter from Mama with a drawing request, telling us what she will be doing in Europe today and also telling Chicklet how special and how loved she is.


So we put together the lego figurine, adhered the temporary tattoo and matched today's word. We played Minions, then Plants v Zombies, then we created sticker pictures with the superhero stickers. We made a delicious lunch ...



She obviously is not impressed with adzuki beans!

We coloured in the picture from the envelope, did the puzzle and drew Mama's requested picture (draw yourself, dressed as Wonder Woman, in space, with a pet giraffe).

We went for a walk to the park, where she climbed the slippery dip, played on the swings, climbed under, in, and on the cave. We played hide n seek there and took a heap of selfies.






The afternoon session was for Minecraft. I think I have improved by 0.03%, although I did die twice today .. and not because Chicklet killed me off. A 'creeper' got me both times and I didn't even see one of them coming!

I killed a pig and a sheep all on my own! It was to get food and wool .. because I almost died of starvation. Chicklet hid the 22 golden apples, one of which would have saved me, so I had to go murder some animals ... and the worst part, is that they run when you hit them the first time, so you have to chase them to kill them off! Barbaric!

We talked to Mama on the phone. It was only 6.30am in Paris and she was preparing for a tour of the artist Monet's house, among other things. She sounded very sleepy, but happy!

Monet's yellow dining room ...


Vegan Chickie on a red bus ...


After our chat, we played some more Minecraft for a while, until Chicklet's iPad battery went flat.

Next we wrote a letter to tell Mama what we did today. We do this every day on the back of the letter that Mama leaves in the envelope. Mama will have her same 22 envelopes to open when she gets home, containing pictures, letters, words and any other interesting things that we do while she's away.

We had a nut bar for afternoon tea, then a boiled egg for dinner. Tidying up time. Bath time. Story time. Bed time.

When all was quiet in my world, I washed the dishes, hung BCC's work clothes out to dry and did a load of Chicklet and my washing. Gave a very tired Adoring Husband a quick phone call - he'd been working on the lawns all day - and now here I am!

I'm not sure yet what tomorrow will bring.

I found this last night and wanted to share it with you.

I want to be Dr Amy Myers. She is the best of both worlds and is so articulate and intelligent. As a qualified doctor, she knows that modern medicine is failing us .. if only there were more like her. The health of the world would be in a much better place.

She explains it all so clearly. Please watch .. even if you are not a Pete Evans fan, you need to listen to Dr Amy Myers.



I guess that's enough for one night. I need to recharge, so ...

Nite all.

No comments: