Nice to see you!

Three major events occurred for me last year (2010), all in the space of about 2 weeks. I turned 50. The following day I got married. Two weeks later, my oldest daughter became pregnant with her first child and my first grandchild.

Most middle-aged people will tell you that in their minds, they still feel 20 something. It's the same for me.

Wasn't it only yesterday that I was planning a night out with guys from the surf club? That gorgeous new perm. Flaired, cuffed denims and the red t-shirt with the off-the-shoulder frill. Corked platform wedgies. **sigh**

Suddenly I'm looking in the mirror and wondering how 30 years can flash by so damned quickly!

So here I am in cyberspace, sharing my genuine shock and horror with anyone who'll listen and maybe I'll even meet some other over 50s who find themselves in the same predicament!

Welcome to my dilemna!!

Thursday, September 8, 2016

Out to Get Me!

Minecraft update: She trapped me in the outside pen with the sheep, chickens and bunnies until night fell. This is when the creepers, skeletons, zombies and deadly spiders come out to play. I had to fight off a skeleton (with her help) and she finally built a step for me to escape and seek refuge in our house!

I swear this girl has evil within .. and I can't figure out where she could possibly have received that gene.

She follows me around in our new minecraft world that she built today and steals my meat and wool when I kill the sheep (which she thinks is hilarious!). She called me to the door of our house, and within an instant, she broke the door and bricked me up inside what became my own personal tomb!

She is definitely taking advantage of her 'slow to learn' grandmother and has discovered hilarious ways to amuse herself, while causing me no end of confusion and frustration!

I will be happy to see the back of Minecraft at the end of this three weeks!

OR *insert evil laugh here* I will practise until I become so good, that I can beat her at her own game!!

Anyway, my brain hurts.

We had some fun park time today. We played hide n seek - in a park that literally has nowhere to hide - and played 'tag, you're it' .. the only way I could win that one was to run around and around the bench seat. My super power in this game, was that I could run in tight circles, while she ran in wide circles, which meant she had more ground to cover.

Eventually, she threw herself down on the ground and lay flat on her back, huffing and puffing, absolutely exhausted! I laughed a LOT.

We spent about twenty minutes pretending to be robots. Chicklet was Robotic Bird Woman and I was Robotic Whale Woman. She showed good robotic stamina, not coming out of character even once.

There was some REALLY HIGH swinging to be had and some 'follow me' time.

We had so much fun and activity today, that we didn't even get to draw Mama's picture request. We'll have to draw two pictures tomorrow.

Our tattoo for the day was Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles, but The Flash was still looking good, so we decided to wait another day for a new tattoo.

Lunch was a fire breathing dragon ...


The plate was completely bare when she'd finished! We left the adzuki beans off the plate this time.

We read her current favourite storybook about a year on a farm and within thirty seconds, she was sound asleep. 7.20pm and all was peaceful in my world.

Vegan Chickie ticked a few more things off her European bucket list today, one of which was 'eating Belgian waffles in Belgium ...


... how delicious does that look?

I reckon I could almost suffer a bout of my gluten intolerance sickness to experience that gastronomic delight!

It's time for me to rest up for my next big day of Chicklet frolicking.

Nite all.

No comments: