Nice to see you!

Three major events occurred for me last year (2010), all in the space of about 2 weeks. I turned 50. The following day I got married. Two weeks later, my oldest daughter became pregnant with her first child and my first grandchild.

Most middle-aged people will tell you that in their minds, they still feel 20 something. It's the same for me.

Wasn't it only yesterday that I was planning a night out with guys from the surf club? That gorgeous new perm. Flaired, cuffed denims and the red t-shirt with the off-the-shoulder frill. Corked platform wedgies. **sigh**

Suddenly I'm looking in the mirror and wondering how 30 years can flash by so damned quickly!

So here I am in cyberspace, sharing my genuine shock and horror with anyone who'll listen and maybe I'll even meet some other over 50s who find themselves in the same predicament!

Welcome to my dilemna!!

Monday, November 28, 2016

Big Day at the Office

I'm done!

No. I have not finished the website.

BUT ... I've been working on it for ten hours today!

I've fine tuned and fixed some of the stuff that I wasn't sure about.

I've created accounts in Facebook, Instagram, Twitter and Pinterest, which means I can link them to the site tomorrow.

I've spoken to a printing company about self publishing my book, but even after I provided them with the name of the book, they emailed me with costings and had incorrectly quoted the book title, so they've already lost my business at the first hurdle.

It shows that they are not very diligent and tells me that I can't trust them with my precious baby.

I was excited to have my registration accepted by a wholesale company that stocks my favourite journals, only to discover that for 80% of the journals that I wanted, they are 'out of stock'. That was disappointing.

I am now registered with half a dozen wholesale stockists, so it's going to take some time to wade through their stock to see if they have anything worth putting on my site, but I'll do that AFTER the site goes 'live'.

It's almost 11pm and I feel that I'm about to fall off my chair, so I'm off to bed.

Enough is enough!!

Nite all.







No comments: