Nice to see you!

Three major events occurred for me last year (2010), all in the space of about 2 weeks. I turned 50. The following day I got married. Two weeks later, my oldest daughter became pregnant with her first child and my first grandchild.

Most middle-aged people will tell you that in their minds, they still feel 20 something. It's the same for me.

Wasn't it only yesterday that I was planning a night out with guys from the surf club? That gorgeous new perm. Flaired, cuffed denims and the red t-shirt with the off-the-shoulder frill. Corked platform wedgies. **sigh**

Suddenly I'm looking in the mirror and wondering how 30 years can flash by so damned quickly!

So here I am in cyberspace, sharing my genuine shock and horror with anyone who'll listen and maybe I'll even meet some other over 50s who find themselves in the same predicament!

Welcome to my dilemna!!

Sunday, March 19, 2017

East is West and West is East

Google maps told me to head East.

I searched for 'Melbourne Aquarium' and Google Maps told me to go East.

So, of course, I headed West.

Why? You ask.

Beats me.

I KNOW which direction East is, from our front door. I have no idea why I chose to go in the opposite direction.

I have no idea why I kept walking in the wrong direction for fifteen minutes!




I have no idea why it took me that long to double check Google maps to discover that I was on the wrong side of town.

Chicklet and I have now named ourselves 'Team Lost'.

We gave up and walked the lesser distance to the Vic Markets and bought some Pokemon miniatures. Then we walked home and played Pokemon battles all afternoon. I believe that made for a more successful afternoon that the aquarium would have been anyway!

Chicket's challenge for the day was to draw a picture of her favourite activity with Bozzy Wozzy for the week that I've been here.

She drew a picture of us having Pokemon battles in the lounge room.


I didn't eat until dinner time today and I'm feeling very weary ... not enough energy going in, for the energy that I used up.

Bed time for me.

Nite all.

No comments: