Nice to see you!

Three major events occurred for me last year (2010), all in the space of about 2 weeks. I turned 50. The following day I got married. Two weeks later, my oldest daughter became pregnant with her first child and my first grandchild.

Most middle-aged people will tell you that in their minds, they still feel 20 something. It's the same for me.

Wasn't it only yesterday that I was planning a night out with guys from the surf club? That gorgeous new perm. Flaired, cuffed denims and the red t-shirt with the off-the-shoulder frill. Corked platform wedgies. **sigh**

Suddenly I'm looking in the mirror and wondering how 30 years can flash by so damned quickly!

So here I am in cyberspace, sharing my genuine shock and horror with anyone who'll listen and maybe I'll even meet some other over 50s who find themselves in the same predicament!

Welcome to my dilemna!!

Saturday, March 25, 2017

Quietly Does It

After so much time away from home during the last 2 months, I'm slowly easing my way back into my life.

Adoring Husband and I spent the day watching all the TV shows that he recorded for me while I was away ... well ... SOME of them anyway.

I did make a conscious effort to pedal to the river this morning before making my way to the shops to check the mail and buy a coffee.

I haven't even unpacked my suitcase yet.

It's sitting on the floor in the dining room.

I've removed my dirty washing and washed it.

I've removed my toiletry bag and emptied it.

That's it.

Even dinner was an easy lamb shanks in red wine, tomato and onion sauce, cooked in the slow cooker. Little effort, but plenty of flavour.

I have my art class tomorrow, which I'm excited about!

On Sunday, I hope to groom the dogs ... they've waited long enough!

On Monday, I hope to sink my teeth back into my new business. Head down, bum up and no more dilly dallying!

I've just watched the first two episodes of the new season of Grace and Frankie. As much as I want to binge watch the entire series, I would like to be bright and awake for tomorrow's art class, so I'm off to bed.

Nite all.

No comments: