Nice to see you!

Three major events occurred for me last year (2010), all in the space of about 2 weeks. I turned 50. The following day I got married. Two weeks later, my oldest daughter became pregnant with her first child and my first grandchild.

Most middle-aged people will tell you that in their minds, they still feel 20 something. It's the same for me.

Wasn't it only yesterday that I was planning a night out with guys from the surf club? That gorgeous new perm. Flaired, cuffed denims and the red t-shirt with the off-the-shoulder frill. Corked platform wedgies. **sigh**

Suddenly I'm looking in the mirror and wondering how 30 years can flash by so damned quickly!

So here I am in cyberspace, sharing my genuine shock and horror with anyone who'll listen and maybe I'll even meet some other over 50s who find themselves in the same predicament!

Welcome to my dilemna!!

Saturday, March 18, 2017

The Colour Grey

This is where Vegan Chickie is right now ...


Remind you of Grey's Anatomy? Haha!

Her train ride took her right past the forest where Twilight was filmed!

Here is the bubble gum wall ...



... and that's your little taste of Vegan Chickie's travels so far.

We are having a quiet day today, which is kind of strange, because it's probably the quietest day of all in Melbourne City and it would be to our advantage to be out and about with so few people around!

We've watched an educational video and now 'Puss in Boots' is the movie of choice.

We've talked to Mama on the phone, as well as Poppy B. We've battled in the lounge room with our Pokemon miniatures, we've done some school work - practising the letters K, L, P and Q, as well as some work with numbers and addition.

Tomorrow Chicklet wants to show me her most favourite parts of Melbourne, which should be interesting .. the odds are pretty good that we will get lost .. her sense of direction is as appalling as mine .. must be genetic! Even Google maps struggles to get us out of trouble!

Our neighbouring coffee shop was closed this morning, so we walked further up the street and got coffee from a charming gentleman, whose establishment is usually (and obviously) a bar. He had a very long queue of people waiting for his coffee, which I must say is the best coffee that I've had in Melbourne so far.

He asked me if I wanted a small or medium coffee. I told him that I needed the biggest coffee that he could provide! So he got his secret stash of jumbo cups out. I told him that they were a much more appropriate size for carers of small children! He laughed and then hoped that his coffee did the trick. It did!

It's only mid afternoon and we are about to have some 'quiet time'. I've completed this blog post in spits and spurts throughout the day, hoping that I might get to watch some football this evening on Foxtel Go. It's Super Saturday!

Chicklet required some assistance during the night to find her blankets that had fallen on the floor and then later in the night she pleaded for cuddles. However much I enjoy Chicklet cuddles, I may require a short Nana nap this afternoon to make up for broken sleep.

I hope you all have a fabulous Sunday.

Nite all.

No comments: