Nice to see you!

Three major events occurred for me last year (2010), all in the space of about 2 weeks. I turned 50. The following day I got married. Two weeks later, my oldest daughter became pregnant with her first child and my first grandchild.

Most middle-aged people will tell you that in their minds, they still feel 20 something. It's the same for me.

Wasn't it only yesterday that I was planning a night out with guys from the surf club? That gorgeous new perm. Flaired, cuffed denims and the red t-shirt with the off-the-shoulder frill. Corked platform wedgies. **sigh**

Suddenly I'm looking in the mirror and wondering how 30 years can flash by so damned quickly!

So here I am in cyberspace, sharing my genuine shock and horror with anyone who'll listen and maybe I'll even meet some other over 50s who find themselves in the same predicament!

Welcome to my dilemna!!

Monday, March 13, 2017

Monday Holiday

Vegan Chickie left for her world adventure at 7am ... and so MY adventure begins with Chicklet.

Today is Labour Day in Victoria, which means of course, it's a public holiday.

The excitement of having a coffee shop right next door to this building soon waned when we got to the front door and saw the "closed" sign.

Chicklet said "Don't worry Bozzy Wozzy, there is one across the road!"

Also closed.

She dragged me to six more shops on the street, all closed due to the public holiday.

We finally found an open coffee shop two blocks away and around the corner, but so did a lot of other people! We were about 6th in the queue and had to wait about fifteen minutes for coffee. I didn't mind the wait, but Chicklet wasn't very happy about it.

I'd only had three mouthfuls of coffee in the last 48 hours and I am by no means addicted to caffeine these days, so it wasn't such a bother.

Chicklet and I spent the morning being Arty Farty ...





I drew the Pokemons and she coloured them in.

When she got bored with colouring in, she decided to make the miniature lego style T-Rex that I'd brought with me yesterday. I have to say that she did make a solid attempt, but eventually decided that I should do it!

Me! Of all people!

The instructions were painful and I definitely required reading glasses to see the diagrams properly!


In the middle of my construction, Chicklet had a face time lunch date with her Dadu, so I set her up at my laptop and she chatted away while I completed the T-Rex.


I was quite proud of myself for my persistence and the blossoming of this hidden talent!

Once that job was done, and Chicklet finished her call with Dadu, we put our shoes on and went for a walk to Coles, which is only about 5 minutes away. Chicklet was annoyed that I wanted to walk the 5 minutes to Coles, instead of the 2 minutes to the 7-11, but she soon got over it.

What a busy little supermarket that one is! The Asian supermarket directly across the walkway just adds the congestion. It only has four assisted checkouts, the remainder are self serve. I stood in a queue for an assisted checkout, when a young lady came up to me and asked me to follow her to her checkout, which was all the way at the other end of the shop!

I got some unhappy glances from other shoppers who were also waiting in line. I don't know why she singled me out. Maybe it was because I had the only child within a 15 km radius???? She had a lovely conversation with Chicklet as she served us, so perhaps that really was the attraction.

We returned home and munched on some chippies while we did some more sticker pictures, planned our Tuesday and then decided it was time to play Minions in the bedroom. Minions were soon followed by Minecraft until, thank goodness, the batteries went flat on my devices!

By now it was dinner time and bath time and book time and bed time.

Now I sit here at Vegan Chickie's desk, at 10pm, watching people STILL working in the office block across the road and feeling like a fish in a fish bowl. Yes, there are curtains to close, but when everything is shut, I must admit to feeling a little claustrophobic.


When the blinds are open, in the day time, I feel like I'm flying, or floating ... or something. I love that one wall is completely covered with glass. There is so much light! It's long way down from the 22nd floor.



Now I'm off to bed. We have another big day planned for tomorrow.

Nite all.

No comments: