Nice to see you!

Three major events occurred for me last year (2010), all in the space of about 2 weeks. I turned 50. The following day I got married. Two weeks later, my oldest daughter became pregnant with her first child and my first grandchild.

Most middle-aged people will tell you that in their minds, they still feel 20 something. It's the same for me.

Wasn't it only yesterday that I was planning a night out with guys from the surf club? That gorgeous new perm. Flaired, cuffed denims and the red t-shirt with the off-the-shoulder frill. Corked platform wedgies. **sigh**

Suddenly I'm looking in the mirror and wondering how 30 years can flash by so damned quickly!

So here I am in cyberspace, sharing my genuine shock and horror with anyone who'll listen and maybe I'll even meet some other over 50s who find themselves in the same predicament!

Welcome to my dilemna!!

Saturday, June 3, 2017

Arty Farty Day

I had a great day at Art again .. although it was my turn to provide lunch, but I didn't realise it .. and on top of that, we discussed last week about me providing my own lunch because the girls don't understand the complexities of 'gluten free' well enough for my tummy to be safe from harm.

So I took a delicious chicken and vegetable soup, which I made myself .. FOR myself .. and the others had nothing haha .. until the teacher was generous enough to make some curried egg sandwiches for the others.

Oops.

We all arrived at the class with arms loaded with tiles and our item which we had selected to mosaic.

I was originally going to do the bird bath, but then at the last minute, I decided to pull the legs off one of the little round side tables in the family room, and mosaic that .. which was funny because when I brought it out to the car, one of the other ladies said, "Oh I have one of those! I might go back and get it so that I can mosaic it too!"

So there were two of us mosaic-ing round tables. The top one is mine and the other belongs to Creative Cat.



When we arrived at the class, our first twenty minutes was showing each other all of the tiles that we'd acquired during the week and pointing out the tiles that were for 'sharing' and the tiles that we wanted to use ourselves.

Then we chose our colour pallet ... and we were all VERY different.

Arty Annie selected browns and oranges.


Sassy Hugger chose lots of earthy tones


Creative Cat wanted creams, greys, blacks and browns with little pops of colour.


I'm certain that you can guess my choices were teals, aquas and soft blues with yellow, white and black.


By the end of the three hours, I was the furthest behind, as usual! Sassy Hugger had been in during the week and broken her tiles and selected her colour pallet already, so she got started right away.

Artistic Annie was very quick to complete her pot, but my phone camera decided to play up and I didn't get any photos at the end of the class. I'll be sure to take them as soon as I arrive next week so that you can see progress shots.

I had only siliconed the outer edges and one small patch inside, when I looked at the clock and there was only ten minutes remaining of the class. Ugh!

It's funny how on Saturday mornings I almost find excuses NOT to attend the class because I have so much to do at home, but then when I'm there, I have such a good time and I just DON'T want to leave when 1pm rolls around!

So that's what's happening with mosaics. I still have a clay mobile to complete and Teach still has to press my house number tile so that I can paint that and have it fired. Our busts still haven't been fired either. Still a lot going on mid-project, but that's ok.

I'm having an easy night so that I can focus on a solid 'to do' list tomorrow.

Nite all.

No comments: