Nice to see you!

Three major events occurred for me last year (2010), all in the space of about 2 weeks. I turned 50. The following day I got married. Two weeks later, my oldest daughter became pregnant with her first child and my first grandchild.

Most middle-aged people will tell you that in their minds, they still feel 20 something. It's the same for me.

Wasn't it only yesterday that I was planning a night out with guys from the surf club? That gorgeous new perm. Flaired, cuffed denims and the red t-shirt with the off-the-shoulder frill. Corked platform wedgies. **sigh**

Suddenly I'm looking in the mirror and wondering how 30 years can flash by so damned quickly!

So here I am in cyberspace, sharing my genuine shock and horror with anyone who'll listen and maybe I'll even meet some other over 50s who find themselves in the same predicament!

Welcome to my dilemna!!

Monday, May 29, 2017

I'm All Set

It was a busy day today, with The Motivator and I heading into The Bay in pursuit of some appropriate tiles for our next art project.

I was lucky enough to discover a website this morning that was selling some perfect tiles for the project that I have imagined in my head and there was a clearance sale, which was a bonus!

We acquired some offcuts and one-offs from a shop that had a table of inexpensive bits and pieces for sale and also some bigger broken tiles for free from a crate outside the back door, which was headed to the recycle centre once it was full.

We went to Bunnings (YES! 'I' went to Bunnings voluntarily!) and found some terracotta birdbaths that were reasonably priced and will look amazing when when we're finished!  I like these ...





We had a busy, but enjoyable day together and I feel like we achieved a lot. Not as much as our original plan! But we'll fix that tomorrow.

Officeworks was one of our destinations where I bought some more price tags!!  Wahoo!! So we arrived home and as soon as I walked in the door, I said my 'hellos' to Adoring Husband and headed straight to my workspace where I got some more pricing done.

Even though I didn't get much time at my desk, I'm happy with today's productivity. 

Now I need to sleep so that I'm ready for another big day tomorrow.

Nite all. 
  

No comments: