Nice to see you!

Three major events occurred for me last year (2010), all in the space of about 2 weeks. I turned 50. The following day I got married. Two weeks later, my oldest daughter became pregnant with her first child and my first grandchild.

Most middle-aged people will tell you that in their minds, they still feel 20 something. It's the same for me.

Wasn't it only yesterday that I was planning a night out with guys from the surf club? That gorgeous new perm. Flaired, cuffed denims and the red t-shirt with the off-the-shoulder frill. Corked platform wedgies. **sigh**

Suddenly I'm looking in the mirror and wondering how 30 years can flash by so damned quickly!

So here I am in cyberspace, sharing my genuine shock and horror with anyone who'll listen and maybe I'll even meet some other over 50s who find themselves in the same predicament!

Welcome to my dilemna!!

Tuesday, May 30, 2017


It's been a full day.

Two hours with the girls this morning over coffee and it was lovely to see Lady Lynn join us for a short time. There was a fair bit of snorting happening, a sooky fur baby in the mix, a quick visit by another friend and way too much coffee!

I did some grocery shopping before riding off to The Motivator's house where we sang and danced our way through three hours of decluttering and cleaning. Even though I suffered concussion when half a window fell on my face (I am exaggerating this minor incident), I enjoyed putting my back into it and felt very productive.

I returned home at about 2.30pm to do some ironing for Adoring Husband, but by the time I'd made myself some lunch and ate it, my body had seized up and my brain said 'Nope!'

Instead, Adoring Husband and I discussed which route he would take on his road trip this week and spent half an hour looking at maps online, trying to figure out the quickest and easiest roads.

Between us, we made a really quick spaghetti bolognese for dinner and then while I was browsing through my emails, I found this delicious cookie recipe, which looked so easy that I went straight into the kitchen and it took me 15 minutes to mix it up and get it in the oven. Ten minutes to bake. Twenty minutes to cool down and set. Ten seconds to gobble one down.

Adoring Husband pleaded for a second cookie and then stole a third one, just to make it easier for them to fit into a container.

So AH and I have a breakfast date in The Bay tomorrow morning, which means an early start. It's already rapidly approaching 11pm, so I'd best get to bed.

Nite all.   

No comments: