Nice to see you!

Three major events occurred for me last year (2010), all in the space of about 2 weeks. I turned 50. The following day I got married. Two weeks later, my oldest daughter became pregnant with her first child and my first grandchild.

Most middle-aged people will tell you that in their minds, they still feel 20 something. It's the same for me.

Wasn't it only yesterday that I was planning a night out with guys from the surf club? That gorgeous new perm. Flaired, cuffed denims and the red t-shirt with the off-the-shoulder frill. Corked platform wedgies. **sigh**

Suddenly I'm looking in the mirror and wondering how 30 years can flash by so damned quickly!

So here I am in cyberspace, sharing my genuine shock and horror with anyone who'll listen and maybe I'll even meet some other over 50s who find themselves in the same predicament!

Welcome to my dilemna!!

Tuesday, July 4, 2017

All Clear

I believe that I have figured out what was blocking my forward progress with the website!

In the beginning, I had a plan for the site. A plan that began as a tiny spark of an idea and my imagination fanned the embers in a place deep inside of me. I wanted people to see me as 'real' and I wanted to share our health and lifestyle story, hoping that it would be helpful and maybe a little bit inspiring for others.

I wanted it to feel like they were coming for a visit before I had a chance to tidy up and maybe while I was still in my pyjamas! No airs and graces.

It wasn't long before I realised that there was more to creating a website, including utilising social media, marketing, building a tribe of followers and a database of subscribers and SO MUCH MORE! So I began to educate myself ... and that's where I went wrong.

The facts and figures, the dotted 'i's and the crossed 't's and all the theory and the instructions issued by each person whose expertise fell into one of those fields that I mentioned above. It all led me in a direction far from that place of love, where I began.

So many different people telling me what to do next and none of it felt natural. With each step, it felt like I was trying to be somebody else, following in somebody else's footsteps - very inauthentic and way too perfect.

This is what caused me to lose motivation. It blocked my imagination and caused me to avoid going any further because it was too far from my original dream.

Somehow, two days ago, I was led to a lady by the name of Eva Gregory, and in a few short paragraphs, accompanied by a twenty minute video, she steered me back to my original path and told me to focus on my 'inner guidance'.

So I went back to that place, back to the spark and the embers and I feel like I can breathe again. Amazingly, I've been more productive on the site and with social media in the last twenty four hours, than I have been for the last thirty days!

I'm feeling the love and the ideas are flowing, the wheels are turning and I'm putting pen to paper and everything suddenly feels easier again!

I did my first photography post today. It was short and sweet. You can see it here.

I also posted the first of many questions for the Romance Your Life followers on Facebook...


There was such a great response, at first from the usual friends and family, but also some names that I don't recognise, so it's nice that my tribe are learning about each other.

This will be a weekly event for the next ten weeks or until my book is finished.

This week I'll also be announcing the next prize on offer for subscribers.

I had a quick visit from Tweedle Dee this afternoon (always full of giggles), which gave me a break from my desk, where I was perched for most of the day.

It has been a great day and to top it off, Wimbledon began tonight! It's well after midnight now and there is an Aussie playing currently (Ashleigh Barty) and she's not having a great match, but hopefully the short rain delay will have helped her!

I'm going to bed to watch the remainder of her match (or fall asleep to it!). I can't stay up all night because I have a very important coffee date in the morning!

Nite all.


No comments: