Nice to see you!

Three major events occurred for me last year (2010), all in the space of about 2 weeks. I turned 50. The following day I got married. Two weeks later, my oldest daughter became pregnant with her first child and my first grandchild.

Most middle-aged people will tell you that in their minds, they still feel 20 something. It's the same for me.

Wasn't it only yesterday that I was planning a night out with guys from the surf club? That gorgeous new perm. Flaired, cuffed denims and the red t-shirt with the off-the-shoulder frill. Corked platform wedgies. **sigh**

Suddenly I'm looking in the mirror and wondering how 30 years can flash by so damned quickly!

So here I am in cyberspace, sharing my genuine shock and horror with anyone who'll listen and maybe I'll even meet some other over 50s who find themselves in the same predicament!

Welcome to my dilemna!!

Wednesday, July 5, 2017

No Wonder!

Well, what an interesting turn of events!

While checking out the stats on my website, I couldn't figure out why I had so many views in my shops and so many of them filling their cart and then cancelling before getting to the checkout.

After much analysing and frowning and questioning what might be causing it, I decided to pretend to be a customer and selected an item to buy and push through the process ... to discover ... that a warning was popping up with a security error telling people that the security on this site was questionable and my security certificate wasn't valid!

It took me another hour of investigating, to figure out why that was happening and then more time to work out who I should be contacting to fix the problem ... could it be the company who provided the certificate, my host who installed the certificate, Wordpress who requested the installation of the certificate or WooCommerce who advised that the certificate was necessary in the first place?

That crease between my eyebrows is much deeper this evening, than it was this morning!

I've printed out eight pages of stats and will spend the next couple of days googling and Youtubing trying to work out what they all mean!

I need to know what they mean to understand what is attracting the most views and hits on the site and what isn't.

Anyway, that was my main dilemma today. I'm glad I found it, although I'm a bit sad that my original plans for the work day got side walled.

In between all of that, I made a batch of tomato sauce and four meals of Hainan Chicken to freeze.

We had corned beef and home made tomato sauce on GF rolls for lunch.

For dinner we had lamb rack with vegetables. The vegetables were delicious!

I used the leftover liquid from the Hainan Chicken to par boiled some small cubes of pumpkin, as well as cauliflower and broccoli. I fried some onion and garlic in ghee in the frypan, then added the pumpkin, frying a bit longer until they caramelised, stirring well, and then added one chopped tomato and tossed in the cauliflower and broccoli. Added some salt and pepper at the end. Very very tasty.

We've got a day in The Bay tomorrow. There's nothing worth seeing at the movies, so we might have a nice lunch somewhere.


An early night is on the cards for me ... and when I say 'early night', it only means that I will be in bed early ... I may still read or watch TV or play solitaire on my iPad for two hours yet!!

Nite all.


No comments: