Nice to see you!

Three major events occurred for me last year (2010), all in the space of about 2 weeks. I turned 50. The following day I got married. Two weeks later, my oldest daughter became pregnant with her first child and my first grandchild.

Most middle-aged people will tell you that in their minds, they still feel 20 something. It's the same for me.

Wasn't it only yesterday that I was planning a night out with guys from the surf club? That gorgeous new perm. Flaired, cuffed denims and the red t-shirt with the off-the-shoulder frill. Corked platform wedgies. **sigh**

Suddenly I'm looking in the mirror and wondering how 30 years can flash by so damned quickly!

So here I am in cyberspace, sharing my genuine shock and horror with anyone who'll listen and maybe I'll even meet some other over 50s who find themselves in the same predicament!

Welcome to my dilemna!!

Sunday, July 2, 2017

Who Cares?

It was the usual lazy start to the day with coffee and reading in bed.

Adoring Husband had won a tray of pork in the raffles on Friday night, so he cooked up a breakfast of bacon and sausages with GF toast, tomato, avocado and onion and we sat outside in the warm Winter sunshine enjoying our morning sustenance, which was lovely.

While Adoring Husband cooked, I tidied my desk and emptied my waste basket in preparation for some quality work time.

We didn't finish breakfast until quite late in the morning, so it was about 11am by the time I got to my desk, where I made a 'to do' list and got started immediately.

It took me a few hours, but I finished a blog post and published it. You can read it here. It's very long, so you might need a cuppa before you start. I thought twice about posting it. I'm worrying and second guessing everything I do in this site.

I worry that I might say too much. I worry that I might reveal too much about myself or about Adoring Husband. I worry about people hating it. I worry about people thinking it's boring. I worry about people questioning my motives. I worry that people will judge me. I worry that people will love it. I worry that people will want more.

I worry that the site is not good enough or not improving quickly enough. I worry about the sort of people it will attract. I worry about so many things!

For the first time ever, I went into my host account to check out the stats and discovered that the site is receiving about 1000 hits each day, but nobody is signing up or subscribing, so I need to figure out how to get those people to hang around, to subscribe and to buy stuff!

I also need to study up on how to understand all those stats. They have weird names and are collated in strange ways and I don't understand the pie charts properly or the graphs or all the columns and I don't understand how I can use this information to my advantage.

This means I have some further studying to do and I'm hoping that my host has all that information in their video library, the first of which is titled "How to get started" haha.

So that was my Saturday.

Sunday will be less worrisome because I'm off to the movies to see Rough Night . I'm predicting some good belly laughs!

Best get to bed. It's midnight!

Nite all.


No comments: