Nice to see you!

Three major events occurred for me last year (2010), all in the space of about 2 weeks. I turned 50. The following day I got married. Two weeks later, my oldest daughter became pregnant with her first child and my first grandchild.

Most middle-aged people will tell you that in their minds, they still feel 20 something. It's the same for me.

Wasn't it only yesterday that I was planning a night out with guys from the surf club? That gorgeous new perm. Flaired, cuffed denims and the red t-shirt with the off-the-shoulder frill. Corked platform wedgies. **sigh**

Suddenly I'm looking in the mirror and wondering how 30 years can flash by so damned quickly!

So here I am in cyberspace, sharing my genuine shock and horror with anyone who'll listen and maybe I'll even meet some other over 50s who find themselves in the same predicament!

Welcome to my dilemna!!

Tuesday, July 4, 2017

Kitchen Therapy

I enjoyed my morning coffee with the girls and there were six of us sharing the love today.

Before I returned home, I decided to visit the butcher, buy a shipload of meat and then spend the day in the kitchen cooking up a storm.

On the days when I'm working hard at my desk and I'm totally focussed on the task at hand, I get quite annoyed when I have to take 40 minutes to an hour of that time to prepare our dinner. I've had so few of those focussed days lately, and every minute of them are precious.

Today I made:

  • 4 Meals of Tomato & Turmeric Chicken Casserole.
  • 4 Meals of Lemon, Honey and Chilli Chicken Casserole.
  • 7 Meals of Beef Casserole.
  • 4 Meals of Pork Sausage in Onion Gravy.
  • 3 Meals of Chicken Wings for lunches today and tomorrow.
  • 1 x Corned beef which will be used for cold meat and in Bubble & Squeak.
  • 2 Containers of rich sauce to add to barbecued steak or another casserole or create gravy.
Including the cleaning up, it took more than four hours, but now I have more than three weeks worth of meals in the freezer, so on my 'focussed on work' days, I can take minimal time reheating an easy meal and either steaming some veg or making a quick salad to accompany it.

By the time I'd finished, my body and my feet were protesting severely, but after a couple of hours with my feet up, it seems to have returned to it's 'pre-cooking' state and the creaks and aches have gone. Thank goodness!

At 4pm when we should have been preparing for the monthly barbecue at the park, Adoring Husband and I looked at each other and said "Nah. Can't do it. Brains and bodies will not co-operate."

Apparently it was very windy on the river, so I'm glad we decided not to go.

I'm not sure if my body will last out for Wimbledon tonight, but I'd really like to spend the day at my desk tomorrow. I'm feeling motivated with lots of ideas that I'm ready to put into practice, so I'm even willing to forego Wimbledon for a few nights before my motivation wanes again lol.


And on that note ...

Nite all.


No comments: