Before I returned home, I decided to visit the butcher, buy a shipload of meat and then spend the day in the kitchen cooking up a storm.
On the days when I'm working hard at my desk and I'm totally focussed on the task at hand, I get quite annoyed when I have to take 40 minutes to an hour of that time to prepare our dinner. I've had so few of those focussed days lately, and every minute of them are precious.
Today I made:
- 4 Meals of Tomato & Turmeric Chicken Casserole.
- 4 Meals of Lemon, Honey and Chilli Chicken Casserole.
- 7 Meals of Beef Casserole.
- 4 Meals of Pork Sausage in Onion Gravy.
- 3 Meals of Chicken Wings for lunches today and tomorrow.
- 1 x Corned beef which will be used for cold meat and in Bubble & Squeak.
- 2 Containers of rich sauce to add to barbecued steak or another casserole or create gravy.
By the time I'd finished, my body and my feet were protesting severely, but after a couple of hours with my feet up, it seems to have returned to it's 'pre-cooking' state and the creaks and aches have gone. Thank goodness!
At 4pm when we should have been preparing for the monthly barbecue at the park, Adoring Husband and I looked at each other and said "Nah. Can't do it. Brains and bodies will not co-operate."
Apparently it was very windy on the river, so I'm glad we decided not to go.
I'm not sure if my body will last out for Wimbledon tonight, but I'd really like to spend the day at my desk tomorrow. I'm feeling motivated with lots of ideas that I'm ready to put into practice, so I'm even willing to forego Wimbledon for a few nights before my motivation wanes again lol.
And on that note ...