Nice to see you!

Three major events occurred for me last year (2010), all in the space of about 2 weeks. I turned 50. The following day I got married. Two weeks later, my oldest daughter became pregnant with her first child and my first grandchild.

Most middle-aged people will tell you that in their minds, they still feel 20 something. It's the same for me.

Wasn't it only yesterday that I was planning a night out with guys from the surf club? That gorgeous new perm. Flaired, cuffed denims and the red t-shirt with the off-the-shoulder frill. Corked platform wedgies. **sigh**

Suddenly I'm looking in the mirror and wondering how 30 years can flash by so damned quickly!

So here I am in cyberspace, sharing my genuine shock and horror with anyone who'll listen and maybe I'll even meet some other over 50s who find themselves in the same predicament!

Welcome to my dilemna!!

Monday, November 13, 2017

Day Five of 2107 Road Trip

We spent a lovely morning in Mudgee, checking out the same little boutiques that we spent a fortune in on the last road trip.

I got to compare prices because they had some of the same stock as we have in The Happy Abode. You'll be happy to know that our prices were much cheaper than the Mudgee shops.

In Mudgee, they sell the snap buttons for $9.90 each!

We enjoyed a delicious breakfast in The Wineglass restaurant, which is the same place we ate last time we were there. We really love the atmosphere there and it's easy for time to pass quickly and before you know it, you're running late for something!




While browsing the boutiques, I got caught in a shoe shop where the lady behind the counter decided to tell me all about her upcoming overseas holiday ... in great detail! She took up some good shopping time, but she also gave me some great info about a wholesale brand that I'd like to look into.

One boutique that we entered had some spectacular shoes that reminded me of Sex and The City and I found two tops that I completely fell in love with. One cost $256 and the other $299. I didn't love them THAT much.

It was late morning when we left Mudgee and selected a route to Bathurst that we hadn't taken before. The countryside was barren and brown and dry and in direct contrast to the countryside on the previous day! It was sad to see and there were quite a few abandoned farmhouses.

The road map that we follow - the original map that we used 25 yrs ago on our first road trip - had two towns on it that no longer exist.

From Bathurst, we decided to drive through Oberon because we've never been there before. It worked out well, because the weather closed in on us and we needed to stop to shelter from the storm which was full of heavy rain and some hail!


We checked out a couple of shops as the storm passed and then chose a little coffee shop for afternoon tea.

One of the shops, again, had some of the same stock as The Happy Abode and I chatted with the lady about 'our' shops. She gave me a few phone numbers and showed me some lovely stock that would go well in The Happy Abode.

Some of her prices were better than ours, but some were higher.

She was fabulous and took my phone number so that she could contact me with phone numbers of some wholesalers who don't do the gift fairs.

The view just before Goulburn ...


Our final destination for the day was Goulburn and we are staying in the Mercure Motel which is quite new. The great thing is that it's off season, so the prices are better than holiday time.

We ate at The Goulburn Soldier's Club and the cheapest meal there was bangers and mash for $23!! The meal was so big I could barely eat half of it! No wonder obesity is such an issue in the world. Everywhere that we've eaten, have had ridiculously large meals that are difficult to get through.

Having said that, we have eaten good wholesome and healthful meals while we've been travelling and as the years have gone by, it's been getting easier to find GF and nutritious meals. That's a bonus.

This bed is amazing and I can't wait to snuggle down and  get a good night's sleep. The shower is HUGE and I plan on washing my hair in the morning. None of the previous showers in the motels have been very satisfactory so I'm happy about this one.

Enough of this frivolity!

Nite all.


No comments: