Nice to see you!

Three major events occurred for me last year (2010), all in the space of about 2 weeks. I turned 50. The following day I got married. Two weeks later, my oldest daughter became pregnant with her first child and my first grandchild.

Most middle-aged people will tell you that in their minds, they still feel 20 something. It's the same for me.

Wasn't it only yesterday that I was planning a night out with guys from the surf club? That gorgeous new perm. Flaired, cuffed denims and the red t-shirt with the off-the-shoulder frill. Corked platform wedgies. **sigh**

Suddenly I'm looking in the mirror and wondering how 30 years can flash by so damned quickly!

So here I am in cyberspace, sharing my genuine shock and horror with anyone who'll listen and maybe I'll even meet some other over 50s who find themselves in the same predicament!

Welcome to my dilemna!!

Saturday, November 18, 2017

Day Ten of the Selfie Road Trip

I have no free wifi tonight so I am doing a quickie post via my iPad.

BGWLBH wanted me to mention that our road trip so far has been magical and amazing and hilarious and fabulous.

The weather has been great. The sky a brilliant blue. The ocean, every shade of beautiful that you can imagine. The grass and trees, the most brilliant shades of green imaginable. The wildlife has been abundant, the cows have been frolicking in the paddocks and the bird life has put on a show.

Then there was Bairnsdale and Sale.

Meh.

Lake Wellington was underwhelming.

Paynesville was painful and the people there were horrible.

That pretty well covers the last 24 hours.

One lower than average day out of ten is pretty good I reckon.  Tomorrow will be better as we wind our way back up the coast towards home.

Tonight, we’ve had to make do with a very old retro style motel room on the waiting list to be renovated. A Saturday night in Lakes Entrance needs prior booking, so we got this little gem for $80.

I can’t share the photos because I’m doing this on my phone now. My iPad suddenly ran out of credit mid post and the Telstra 24x7 site is currently having difficulties so I can’t even top it up! Story of my day really!

I stood in line for 25 mins to order our meal at the Central Hotel and then buy drinks. The food came out quickly and was divinely delicious! We overheard staff being abused, so we wrote a thank you note on a napkin telling them that we appreciated their hard work on a night when they were totally under the pump and thanked them for a pleasant evening.

Afterwards we got to view a pretty sunset over the water before walking back to our room.

Hopefully, tomorrow nights motel will have the obligatory free wifi and I can post some pics here.

Meanwhile ... having a wonderful time, wish you were here!

Nite all.

No comments: