Nice to see you!

Three major events occurred for me last year (2010), all in the space of about 2 weeks. I turned 50. The following day I got married. Two weeks later, my oldest daughter became pregnant with her first child and my first grandchild.

Most middle-aged people will tell you that in their minds, they still feel 20 something. It's the same for me.

Wasn't it only yesterday that I was planning a night out with guys from the surf club? That gorgeous new perm. Flaired, cuffed denims and the red t-shirt with the off-the-shoulder frill. Corked platform wedgies. **sigh**

Suddenly I'm looking in the mirror and wondering how 30 years can flash by so damned quickly!

So here I am in cyberspace, sharing my genuine shock and horror with anyone who'll listen and maybe I'll even meet some other over 50s who find themselves in the same predicament!

Welcome to my dilemna!!

Tuesday, November 14, 2017

Day Six of 2017 Road Trip

Even though we didn't take a selfie today, I'm thinking of renaming this road trip "The Selfie Road Trip" because we've taken a lot of selfies so far!

Our motel room in Goulburn had a pretty good view of the Big Merino's butt ...


We didn't bother with breakfast this morning, instead stopping at the Bakery on the way out of town and grabbing a coffee to go. The Bakery was full of uniformed Rescue Police which got BGWLBH all hot under the collar. She has a 'thing' for men in uniform!

We stopped to look at where Lake George once was ...


When we lived in Canberra back in the early 80s, this lake was full and came right to the edge of the road. Now you can barely see a small body of water way off in the distance. Very sad.


We did a quick detour through Bungendore. Unfortunately, most of the shops were closed. The town caters to tourists, so weekends are busy and their weekend becomes Tuesday/Wednesday. A couple of the big stores were open, like the Woodworking Gallery, Bungendore Antiques (amazing) and Leather and Trading.

I must check to see if I won lotto tonight so that we can stop on the return trip and spend up big!

Here are a few of the amazing things in the Antique store ... I'm not even a big antique fan, but this store was something else ... stepping back in time.




The woodworking gallery ... oh if I was wealthy. The prices on everything were obscene. $16,000 for a framed piece of art to hang on the wall. $300 for a pepper mill. I didn't even look at the price for this piece! I texted Adoring Husband to ask if he could make one for me, but he claims that he's not good enough. pfft.


As we drove around the outskirts of Canberra/Queanbeyan to find the road to Cooma, there were some lavish mansions up on the hills. I'm willing to bet that they have some $16000+ pieces of art on their walls!

As is our tradition during our road trips, we always lean forward and wave up to the speed cameras ...


... we like to think that the staff who work on the other end of these computer/cameras are saying to each other "Hey! The girls are on another road trip!" Ha ha.

We spent a little time in the lush green park in Cooma while we checked out our map and figured out which direction we were going to take next.


The gentleman in the shop where we bought our lunch, told us that the road between Cooma and the coast was known for it's abundant wildlife and that there was only one road more abundant, and it was in WA.

Needless to say, the road was littered with dead wildlife, which was kind of sad and somewhat gruesome.

BGWLBH was an excellent driver up, over and down the mountain roads which were incredibly windy and steep. There were no overtaking lanes for the entire 120km journey!

Tonight we are in Bega, staying in the cheapest motel so far, but probably the biggest room we've had, with three beds and a very large bathroom. Very comfortable and for the small price of $110, an absolute bargain!

We walked 700m down the hill to Club Bega, where we had a stone grill meal, which was cheaper and way nicer than the bangers and mash that we had in Goulburn the previous night, and then power walked back UP the 700m hill to return to our room.

It was colder walking TO the club, than it was coming home!  The weather is surprisingly warm down this neck of the woods.

Time for me to sleep.

Nite all.



No comments: