Nice to see you!

Three major events occurred for me last year (2010), all in the space of about 2 weeks. I turned 50. The following day I got married. Two weeks later, my oldest daughter became pregnant with her first child and my first grandchild.

Most middle-aged people will tell you that in their minds, they still feel 20 something. It's the same for me.

Wasn't it only yesterday that I was planning a night out with guys from the surf club? That gorgeous new perm. Flaired, cuffed denims and the red t-shirt with the off-the-shoulder frill. Corked platform wedgies. **sigh**

Suddenly I'm looking in the mirror and wondering how 30 years can flash by so damned quickly!

So here I am in cyberspace, sharing my genuine shock and horror with anyone who'll listen and maybe I'll even meet some other over 50s who find themselves in the same predicament!

Welcome to my dilemna!!

Wednesday, December 20, 2017

Feeling the Effects

Three people experienced the positive and wonderful effects of our health practitioner today and each one left with a relaxed smile on their face vowing to return soon.

There are already two appointments booked for next week and I have a feeling that Wednesdays will soon be fully booked on a regular basis.

She is very good.

It was quieter in the shop than we expected. Our sales were still pretty good, just with fewer customers.

I didn't leave for home until just before 5pm and I rode the long way so that I could take advantage of the cool Summer breeze along the waterfront.

Primrose had prepared dinner again, so all we had to do was sit down to eat and then get ready for the Carols by Candlelight which was being held in the church grounds.

Adoring Husband decided not to come with us. He had to work this evening because he's leaving early in the morning to attend an appointment in Brisvegas and won't have time to do the work before he goes.

Also, our new super dooper whizz bang terrific couch arrived today so he was falling in love with it!

Primrose and I walked to The Motivator's house and we all walked together to the Church grounds. I had two folding chairs in my trike basket and two candles, while The Motivator carried her chair because it didn't quite fit in the basket.

We arrived a little bit late and we could hear the singing from quite a way down the street. We did catch the little nativity skit that the kids performed which contained quite a bit of good natured humour. We lit our candles, took a few selfies and sang along to a few songs and it was all over before we knew it. Just an hour.





It was very enjoyable. The night was mild with a soft breeze. The sky was clear and full of stars. The crowd were relaxed and happy, but the best bit was spending time with the girls.

I made a big berry smoothie when we arrived home and now it's time for bed. We have to be up bright and early in the morning to take Adoring Husband to the train station.

Nite all.

No comments: