Nice to see you!

Three major events occurred for me last year (2010), all in the space of about 2 weeks. I turned 50. The following day I got married. Two weeks later, my oldest daughter became pregnant with her first child and my first grandchild.

Most middle-aged people will tell you that in their minds, they still feel 20 something. It's the same for me.

Wasn't it only yesterday that I was planning a night out with guys from the surf club? That gorgeous new perm. Flaired, cuffed denims and the red t-shirt with the off-the-shoulder frill. Corked platform wedgies. **sigh**

Suddenly I'm looking in the mirror and wondering how 30 years can flash by so damned quickly!

So here I am in cyberspace, sharing my genuine shock and horror with anyone who'll listen and maybe I'll even meet some other over 50s who find themselves in the same predicament!

Welcome to my dilemna!!

Thursday, December 21, 2017

Stupid O'clock

All three of us were awake at stupid o'clock this morning so that we could drive Adoring Husband to the train station to catch the 5.46am train to Brisvegas. He was visiting the Parkinson's Professor for a check up AND he was picking up this ...

Wahoo! Who's a lucky girl then????

I began to play this evening, but decided that I was way too tired to focus properly, so I packed it back into the box until I have the time to set it up properly.

This morning, after we dropped AH at the station, we drove home and parked the car, then walked to the shop for coffee and decided to visit the boys at the Seat of Knowledge for a little while.

Primrose spotted a couple of dolphins frolicking in the river - I was busy chatting with a friend and didn't get to see them, but Primrose was loud and animated in her excitement!

After a while, we walked home and the weather was already steaming hot at 8.15am, so we pumped up the air conditioner, cooked some bacon and eggs for breakfast, after which, Primrose was in need of some catch up sleep, so she climbed back into bed.

It was about 11am when we were ready to head into The Bay with our 'to do' list in hand.

It took almost all day to complete the list and we decided to do our small food shop at our local supermarket.

We arrived home and I prepared our dinner while Primrose rested.

To fill in time until we collected AH from the train station, we decided to leave the house early and look for more Christmas lights. There were a few new displays in our town, but we thought we'd drive to Howard early and go in search of their lights.

It was worth the early start because we found a few great displays, but the best one was in Burrum Town on the way to Howard and the house could be seen from the road with it's great Christmas spirit.

After such a huge day for us all, we are all exhausted and both AH and Primrose are already in their respective beds. 

Now it's my turn!

Nite all.   

No comments: