Nice to see you!

Three major events occurred for me last year (2010), all in the space of about 2 weeks. I turned 50. The following day I got married. Two weeks later, my oldest daughter became pregnant with her first child and my first grandchild.

Most middle-aged people will tell you that in their minds, they still feel 20 something. It's the same for me.

Wasn't it only yesterday that I was planning a night out with guys from the surf club? That gorgeous new perm. Flaired, cuffed denims and the red t-shirt with the off-the-shoulder frill. Corked platform wedgies. **sigh**

Suddenly I'm looking in the mirror and wondering how 30 years can flash by so damned quickly!

So here I am in cyberspace, sharing my genuine shock and horror with anyone who'll listen and maybe I'll even meet some other over 50s who find themselves in the same predicament!

Welcome to my dilemna!!

Friday, December 22, 2017

Looking Good

So here are the BIG copies of my Tawny pics.


In my honest opinion, I think they look pretty good! They are now up on the wall in The Happy Abode and selling for $245. They cost a LOT to print and even more for the mat board for something that size. So worth doing and I think that some time this year, I will endeavour to have them framed properly and hang them up at home.

I spent a few hours at The Happy Abode today labelling, pricing and displaying the photos, I served a customer,  corrected the prices on a couple of items, checked the mail, delivered Christmas cards to businesses in town, picked up a chai latte for The Motivator, bought some meat from the butcher and chatted to a couple of locals who I haven't seen for at least a year.

The kitchen was all abuzz when I arrived home. Primrose was preparing some salads for lunch and instructed me to cook some meat balls to go with them.

We sat outside afterwards, she doing arty farty stuff while I attempted to learn about my new camera. It took me half an hour just to put the danged strap on the camera! But with a few interruptions to find batteries and sticky tape, search for special findings for our beading project, drive to the shops to buy batteries and coffee, there wasn't much time left for the camera.

While I began to get ready for the club tonight, I received a phone call from Vegan Chickie - which took about 40 minutes. It was a great chat but I only had 20 minutes to get ready after that.

It was a losing night all round and once again we came home empty handed.

The good part was walking in the door to see the table set with our plates and cutlery, along with a a few salads and the chicken wings that I'd cooked earlier in the day. Primrose had already eaten, so Adoring Husband and I sat down, lit a candle and ate dinner together.

It's almost 11.30pm so I'm off to bed because I have to work tomorrow.

Nite all.


No comments: