Nice to see you!

Three major events occurred for me last year (2010), all in the space of about 2 weeks. I turned 50. The following day I got married. Two weeks later, my oldest daughter became pregnant with her first child and my first grandchild.

Most middle-aged people will tell you that in their minds, they still feel 20 something. It's the same for me.

Wasn't it only yesterday that I was planning a night out with guys from the surf club? That gorgeous new perm. Flaired, cuffed denims and the red t-shirt with the off-the-shoulder frill. Corked platform wedgies. **sigh**

Suddenly I'm looking in the mirror and wondering how 30 years can flash by so damned quickly!

So here I am in cyberspace, sharing my genuine shock and horror with anyone who'll listen and maybe I'll even meet some other over 50s who find themselves in the same predicament!

Welcome to my dilemna!!

Tuesday, December 19, 2017

Joyful Day

There were only 4 of us at morning tea today, but it was almost midday by the time everyone left the shop. It was a fabulous morning full of laughs and snorts and catch ups.

Not a single customer came in during that time, but as soon as the girls left, the shop filled up.

Firstly, the lady who sold me the timber wall hangers at the markets last week, stopped in at the shop and asked if I'd like to buy some more.  She had three in the back of her truck that she was selling for $10 each, so I snapped them up.

After that, there were a string of ladies entering the shop in groups of three. Then a gentleman came in to pay for and pick up a previously ordered big ticket item.

Let's just say that it was a good day!

Adoring Husband drove into The Bay to pick up my printed photos and drop them at the framers to have the mat boards added. I'm looking forward to seeing the poster sized Tawny photos.

He also drilled another hole in the wall behind my desk so that I could hang the Mad Hatter quote that Primrose made for me.

It was a stinking hot day today - or so my customers told me - I was perfectly comfortable in the air conditioned shop haha.

I took delivery of three boxes of stock, including some lovely velvet lined shell trinket boxes - this is a shout out to someone special who wanted to know when they arrived - but I'll also send out a message tomorrow.

There are some beautiful San Marco pendants in stock now. Tiny delicate Mexican flowers encased in resin and sterling silver. They really are quite delightful. I'll post photos on our Facebook page tomorrow.

I didn't quite finish unpacking and pricing the stock and have left a bit of a mess in the shop so I need to get there bright and early to finish the job before we open the doors tomorrow.

As I put the bins out this afternoon and began bringing in the signs and flags, Primrose appeared from nowhere and was able to help me. She had been watching an eagle hunt for food at the beach and prior to that had prepared a bunch of mouth watering salads for dinner, so I got to sit down at home for half an hour before serving a delicious meal that I had no hand in!

I am lucky to have such a caring friend and she has made my life so easy while she has been on holidays. I need to think of a way to say thank her.

It's almost 10pm now, so I'm off to bed.

Nite all.

No comments: