Nice to see you!

Three major events occurred for me last year (2010), all in the space of about 2 weeks. I turned 50. The following day I got married. Two weeks later, my oldest daughter became pregnant with her first child and my first grandchild.

Most middle-aged people will tell you that in their minds, they still feel 20 something. It's the same for me.

Wasn't it only yesterday that I was planning a night out with guys from the surf club? That gorgeous new perm. Flaired, cuffed denims and the red t-shirt with the off-the-shoulder frill. Corked platform wedgies. **sigh**

Suddenly I'm looking in the mirror and wondering how 30 years can flash by so damned quickly!

So here I am in cyberspace, sharing my genuine shock and horror with anyone who'll listen and maybe I'll even meet some other over 50s who find themselves in the same predicament!

Welcome to my dilemna!!

Saturday, December 9, 2017

Market Day

My plan was to go to the local markets to check out a stall that sells snap button jewellery.

This was her second time at our markets and prior to that, she was selling at Howard markets.

I did not plan on spending any money!

Ha!

I didn't spend any money at her stall, but I DID support other stall holders, including a new person who was selling her hand made timber paling wall shelves that I totally fell in love with and bought two for myself and then went halves in another set of two with Primrose.

I purchased a piece of art from the same girl whose cards and artwork is displayed in our shop and I bought a bracelet and ring from her mother who has a permanent stall and who I visit every month. I love her jewellery and she has asked to provide her pieces on consignment for our shop, but we already have enough jewellery.

I found a set of four very large shells - they are bigger than my hand ...


... which I thought might be nice for presentation or displays in the shop.

I also found some more silverware that I'll drill holes in for the bohemian hanging beads that we hope to make tomorrow.

Lastly, we stopped at the fruit and vegetable stall and bought a few items there before we packed all our purchases into Adoring Husband's car and walked to The Happy Abode to see The Motivator for a quick visit.

It was a really warm morning and we were both feeling the heat by the time we arrived home, but I cooked up some bacon and eggs for Primrose, made a turkey salad for AH (who arrived home early feeling drained from the heat), mixed up a big berry smoothie and made myself a toasted turkey, avocado, cranberry and rocket sandwich.

AH and I sat and watched a movie together while Primrose got her Arty Farty on and painted a sign for The Happy Abode and prepared another for completion tomorrow.

I made up some fritters with the leftover lamb and veg from Friday night and we ate them with salad for dinner, followed by a fruit salad with stewed rhubarb and apple!

There is currently a very nasty storm skirting around us. It's windy and noisy but I think we've dodged a bullet this time round, unlike the Gold Coast and Sunshine Coast who copped a lot of hail and nasty winds that caused damage.

Adoring Husband and I will be spending Sunday morning together and all three of us will be visiting Toogoom for their Christmas Fair in the afternoon.

So it's sleep time for me!

Nite all.

No comments: