Nice to see you!

Three major events occurred for me last year (2010), all in the space of about 2 weeks. I turned 50. The following day I got married. Two weeks later, my oldest daughter became pregnant with her first child and my first grandchild.

Most middle-aged people will tell you that in their minds, they still feel 20 something. It's the same for me.

Wasn't it only yesterday that I was planning a night out with guys from the surf club? That gorgeous new perm. Flaired, cuffed denims and the red t-shirt with the off-the-shoulder frill. Corked platform wedgies. **sigh**

Suddenly I'm looking in the mirror and wondering how 30 years can flash by so damned quickly!

So here I am in cyberspace, sharing my genuine shock and horror with anyone who'll listen and maybe I'll even meet some other over 50s who find themselves in the same predicament!

Welcome to my dilemna!!

Friday, December 8, 2017

New Wardrobe

Primrose and I enjoyed a leisurely breakfast at Goody's on the Beach in Toogoom this morning. It was a bit breezy, but certainly pleasant enough.


With all the 50% off sales on in The Bay at the moment, we decided to make the most of them and we shopped til we dropped.

Our original plan to go to the movies to see Murder on the Orient Express kind of went out the window when our shopping frenzy took hold and we totally lost track of the time.

I now have a complete new wardrobe of clothes to wear to work for the coming year, including hair accessories and jewellery!

I also purchased a couple of Christmas gifts and some DVDs, checked my losing Powerball ticket and bought one for the next draw.

We didn't even have time to stop for lunch.

At 5pm when we were driving home, I phoned Adoring Husband and asked him to put the leg of lamb in the oven. We stopped at the supermarket and picked up some vegetables to make a big pot of baked veggies and we pulled into the driveway, removed everything quickly from the car, prepared the vegetables and threw them into the oven with the meat before rushing right back out the door attempting to reach the river in time for what we thought would be a fabulous sunset.

Unfortunately a big bank of cloud appeared on the horizon and blocked any chance of a sunset, so we packed up our cameras and sulked our way home.

We have a lot planned for tomorrow, so it's time for bed now.

Nite all.


No comments: