Nice to see you!

Three major events occurred for me last year (2010), all in the space of about 2 weeks. I turned 50. The following day I got married. Two weeks later, my oldest daughter became pregnant with her first child and my first grandchild.

Most middle-aged people will tell you that in their minds, they still feel 20 something. It's the same for me.

Wasn't it only yesterday that I was planning a night out with guys from the surf club? That gorgeous new perm. Flaired, cuffed denims and the red t-shirt with the off-the-shoulder frill. Corked platform wedgies. **sigh**

Suddenly I'm looking in the mirror and wondering how 30 years can flash by so damned quickly!

So here I am in cyberspace, sharing my genuine shock and horror with anyone who'll listen and maybe I'll even meet some other over 50s who find themselves in the same predicament!

Welcome to my dilemna!!

Monday, December 4, 2017

Not With It

So I wasn't quite 'with it' last night when I wrote the blog.

I forgot to publish it so it was still sitting as a draft when I checked this afternoon. Adoring Husband asked me why I didn't do a blog post last night ... but I DID!

Apologies to the people who expect to see a new post every morning and who might have been disappointed to find nothing there this morning.

I won't bore you with much this time, since you will now have two posts to read!

How was the weather today?  One hell of day of bucketing rain. I believe we had approximately 50mm of rain in about four hours!

It kept the customers away for most of the day, but when the rain stopped, the last two hours were pretty steady and I sold quite a lot of snap jewellery.

It's quite a rigmarole to open and close the shop these days.

One A-frame sign to carry to the front of the driveway, three 4 metre flags to insert into pipes along the fence, one wrought iron sign with a sandbag to put outside the door, two chairs to place on either side of the door, the door mat to place at the threshold, three blinds to open at the front windows, one blind to remove and roll up to put aside for the day, two lots of lighting to switch on, the air conditioner to turn on, turning on the iMac desktop computer, turning on the JBL wireless speaker for music - connect it to the blue tooth on the computer and then select the music to play and then finally, connect the iPad to the Square reader for our cash register.

With just one of us in attendance, it takes a good 10-15 minutes just to open the shop!

Still, I wouldn't change it for anything. It feels good because it's ours!

When I finally got home from work this afternoon, at about 5pm, I ate half a kilo of lychees! If I had to choose just one fruit to live on for the rest of my life ... it would be lychees. I also LOVE mangos, grapes and watermelon, but lychees are the bomb!! Sooooooo delicious!!

THEN Primrose and I ate leftovers from last night + two delicious salads that she'd prepared earlier, while Adoring Husband cooked a couple of duck breasts on the barbecue for himself.

Jack the psychotic dog has been very happy since I drowned him in magnesium oil. Apparently he had a little cramp in one leg today, but it didn't cause him to scream or cry out, so it's almost not worth mentioning.

I'm happy with this outcome, but AH is still doubtful that we've fixed the problem ... he is still in that mindset where only drugs can fix medical conditions ... at this point I am feeling excited that we don't have to experiment with anti-seizure medication, and looking at Jack now, you wouldn't even know that he was doing so poorly just 36 hours ago.

Anyway, it's time for bed.

Nite all.


No comments: