Nice to see you!

Three major events occurred for me last year (2010), all in the space of about 2 weeks. I turned 50. The following day I got married. Two weeks later, my oldest daughter became pregnant with her first child and my first grandchild.

Most middle-aged people will tell you that in their minds, they still feel 20 something. It's the same for me.

Wasn't it only yesterday that I was planning a night out with guys from the surf club? That gorgeous new perm. Flaired, cuffed denims and the red t-shirt with the off-the-shoulder frill. Corked platform wedgies. **sigh**

Suddenly I'm looking in the mirror and wondering how 30 years can flash by so damned quickly!

So here I am in cyberspace, sharing my genuine shock and horror with anyone who'll listen and maybe I'll even meet some other over 50s who find themselves in the same predicament!

Welcome to my dilemna!!

Thursday, December 7, 2017

Make it Quick!

Look at this!

Almost midnight already and I'm only just starting this post.

It was a strange kind of day which started with a visitor to our shop that tainted our morning with some bitter, racist bigotry and it took a little while for the bitter taste to fade and for the nastiness in the air to dilute.

Thankfully, she is not a customer of The Happy Abode and will not be welcomed in the future.

Today was Wednesday, which is practitioner day and we have appointments available for massage, Bowen therapy, Zen Shiatzu, hypnotherapy, Cupping therapy and more.

I have booked an appointment with our practitioner for next Wednesday for Zen Shiatzu, which I have never experienced before and which I know she enjoys both giving and receiving, so I'll give my review here this time next week.

It was a busy day in the shop and we had lots of customers, all buying snap button jewellery. It's becoming more and more popular as word spreads and customers return to not only add to their collection, but they also bring friends and family with them.

Some of them have better collections of this jewellery than even 'I' have!

The Motivator and I spent the last couple of hours at work making more orders for stock from various wholesalers, which was fun, but also quite stressful because today is only the second day that we've had together since I returned and we haven't had much time to discuss any important issues with the shop or the stock.

I think we are missing each other's company in the shop. It's all about doing this 'together' so being 'together' in the shop is key to our happiness in the business.

At the moment, our lives are full with friends and family, and I think if we could afford to do so, we would just close the doors of the shop for a couple of weeks so that we could give our full attention to all the other great things in our lives.

Instead, we are working on finding the right balance and giving each other the time away from the shop so that we can each have quality time with our people.

I rushed home after work to make a quick dinner before heading out to the Bowls Club for the monthly trivia night. We met up with Tweedle Dee and the Garden Guru and put up a good fight for the night, coming 9th out of 22 teams. It was a good night and we had some laughs which included a few snorts from Tweedle Dee - always an indication of fun times.

Oh and I also received a phone call from Number One Son just before we left for the club and even though the phone call was brief and he was calling with the disappointing news that he wouldn't be able to make it for Christmas as planned, it was still good to talk to him and hear that he was doing ok.

Now, it's rapidly approaching 1am so I'm off to bed. No work tomorrow and I get to spend a couple of days with Primrose. We have quite a bit planned so hopefully, this blog will have some great photos and some interesting stories!

Nite all.

No comments: