Nice to see you!

Three major events occurred for me last year (2010), all in the space of about 2 weeks. I turned 50. The following day I got married. Two weeks later, my oldest daughter became pregnant with her first child and my first grandchild.

Most middle-aged people will tell you that in their minds, they still feel 20 something. It's the same for me.

Wasn't it only yesterday that I was planning a night out with guys from the surf club? That gorgeous new perm. Flaired, cuffed denims and the red t-shirt with the off-the-shoulder frill. Corked platform wedgies. **sigh**

Suddenly I'm looking in the mirror and wondering how 30 years can flash by so damned quickly!

So here I am in cyberspace, sharing my genuine shock and horror with anyone who'll listen and maybe I'll even meet some other over 50s who find themselves in the same predicament!

Welcome to my dilemna!!

Wednesday, January 24, 2018

The Bus Got Me

Two days of eating prawns and my body decided that it was not at all happy!

I think it might be time to remove all shellfish from my diet. I've pushed the limits as far as I could and now my poor old body is giving me an ultimatum.

It feels like all the nerve endings in my body are exposed and my internal organs are really inflamed.

Feeling so disgusting and struggling to cope with the pain and discomfort, I booked in for a session of Zen Shiatsu with The Gypsy.

She told me, after my first experience with her, that I would feel like I'd been hit by a bus and that my emotions might feel a bit overwhelming while my body adjusted and responded to her treatmen.

I did not experience any ill effects and I felt totally amazing after that initial treatment.

Today, she found lots of pressure points to focus on and applied just enough pressure that I could feel pain, but it was bearable and I could feel it working.

It seems that my spleen and gall bladder are my main problem areas.

At the end of the treatment, she gave me advice on certain breathing techniques, drinking lots of room temperature filtered water and spending the afternoon resting to allow my body to heal and cleanse itself. She showed me how to massage my own problem areas and gave me some gentle stretching exercises to practice.

She offered the same warning as she did previously.

THIS TIME ... the bus got me!

I am aching all over!

After a warm shower, it will be an early night for me and I am going to sleep the discomfort away.

Sheesh. 7.30pm! Who'da thunk?

Nite all.


No comments: