Nice to see you!

Three major events occurred for me last year (2010), all in the space of about 2 weeks. I turned 50. The following day I got married. Two weeks later, my oldest daughter became pregnant with her first child and my first grandchild.

Most middle-aged people will tell you that in their minds, they still feel 20 something. It's the same for me.

Wasn't it only yesterday that I was planning a night out with guys from the surf club? That gorgeous new perm. Flaired, cuffed denims and the red t-shirt with the off-the-shoulder frill. Corked platform wedgies. **sigh**

Suddenly I'm looking in the mirror and wondering how 30 years can flash by so damned quickly!

So here I am in cyberspace, sharing my genuine shock and horror with anyone who'll listen and maybe I'll even meet some other over 50s who find themselves in the same predicament!

Welcome to my dilemna!!

Tuesday, January 23, 2018

Enough

It has just ticked on to 9.30pm as I begin to write this post and I am feeling incredibly tired.

I had a shocking start to the day when I woke up and looked at the clock to see that it was 7.02am and the very important webinar that I had signed up for was due to start at 7am!!

I rushed to the loo, then ran to the lounge room to grab my MacBook and sign into the webinar. By the time I logged in and found the link to take me to the where I needed to be, it was 7.08am. I don't think I missed much, but I was feeling decidedly stressed by the time I got there.

The webinar was supposed to go for one hour but at 8.20am, I realised that I had better begin preparing myself for work, or I wasn't going to make it!

Thank goodness for portable devices. I was able to carry my laptop with me through the house while I figured out what I was going to wear and while I jumped in for a really quick shower and while I applied my make up and while I packed my bags into the basket of my trike.

Finally, I had to log out, pack my laptop away and head off to work (even though the webinar was not finished - but the most important stuff was finished).

It was right on 9am when I pedalled up the driveway at work, feeling very hot and sweaty and stressed!

A couple of the girls arrived for coffee morning before I'd even turned on the lights and thankfully, they helped set out the signs and chairs as we followed the morning routine to open up.

At the same time the air conditioning guy poked his head through the front door to tell us he was here to clean the filters in the air con. We'd received no notice of his visit, so it was an added stress to the morning.

Thankfully, from there, the day progressed on a much more positive note.

We set up our training room for the smart phone and tablet classes (knowing that it was unlikely anyone would turn up due to late advertising and promotion).

A delivery arrived from a new wholesaler so our afternoon was filled with unpacking, checking off, pricing and displaying the new stock - which is always fun.

There was also a steady stream of new customers - mostly locals who had just discovered that we are here - and everyone was in a very happy frame of mind and obviously looking to spend the cash in their purses and wallets.

The day went by so quickly and when I looked at the clock thinking that it was 3.30pm, it was actually almost 4.30pm!

So I need to go to work early tomorrow morning to vacuum all the little crumbly bits of styrofoam that came out of the packaging and to tidy off my desk which just seems to be getting 'out of control messy'.

I'll take some photos of the new stock to post onto the Facebook page too.

Adoring Husband was kind enough to repair our front door A-frame sign which had snapped from being buffeted around in the strong winds every afternoon.

And now, it's 10pm and I'm off to bed.

Nite all.


No comments: