Nice to see you!

Three major events occurred for me last year (2010), all in the space of about 2 weeks. I turned 50. The following day I got married. Two weeks later, my oldest daughter became pregnant with her first child and my first grandchild.

Most middle-aged people will tell you that in their minds, they still feel 20 something. It's the same for me.

Wasn't it only yesterday that I was planning a night out with guys from the surf club? That gorgeous new perm. Flaired, cuffed denims and the red t-shirt with the off-the-shoulder frill. Corked platform wedgies. **sigh**

Suddenly I'm looking in the mirror and wondering how 30 years can flash by so damned quickly!

So here I am in cyberspace, sharing my genuine shock and horror with anyone who'll listen and maybe I'll even meet some other over 50s who find themselves in the same predicament!

Welcome to my dilemna!!

Saturday, January 27, 2018

Steady Satdee

The Motivator is away for the weekend, so I was alone at the shop today.

My plan was to work on the photography course and fill out a sheet from the Lucky Bee workbooks that I'm studying, but I was so busy that I only sat down for ten minutes all day!

I met some lovely people and some generous husbands, quite a few gift givers and a local who has been here for a long time but I've never laid eyes on her before. Another young woman who will return next week with some friends and without her baby. A couple of visiting daughters of acquaintances and some Australia Day weekend visitors as well.

I took a name for The Motivator's designer course in March.

There was a constant flow of people through the door and I sat down for the first time just before midday.

Adoring Husband was a great help, as usual, and assisted with opening and closing the shop.

We shut the doors at 2pm and I went for a ride along the river with my camera (to no avail) but the town is pretty busy with big groups of out of towners all having loud, musical and physical fun together. The sound of laughter was ringing in my ears during the ride, which was lovely.

AH had cooked up some lunch, so I was able to come home and sit down to watch a few episodes of 'Outlander' with him until I just couldn't stand the torturous graphic horror any longer. It left me grateful that I wasn't born into that era - although AH seems to think that I would have been the healer in the dungeon.

I left the room a couple of times and in the end, AH turned it off and we switched to watching something more demure - "Grease" - much easier on the heart and soul and a nice one for singing along. Although having listened to me for half of the movie, AH might disagree with the singing part!

I think I may have an early night tonight. It was 1am when I got to sleep this morning and 4.30am when I woke - that's not enough sleep to manage a full day effectively. I think it might have been that late cup of tea that I drank!

So I'm off to catch the last thirty minutes of Grease and then I'm outta here!

Nite all.

No comments: