Nice to see you!

Three major events occurred for me last year (2010), all in the space of about 2 weeks. I turned 50. The following day I got married. Two weeks later, my oldest daughter became pregnant with her first child and my first grandchild.

Most middle-aged people will tell you that in their minds, they still feel 20 something. It's the same for me.

Wasn't it only yesterday that I was planning a night out with guys from the surf club? That gorgeous new perm. Flaired, cuffed denims and the red t-shirt with the off-the-shoulder frill. Corked platform wedgies. **sigh**

Suddenly I'm looking in the mirror and wondering how 30 years can flash by so damned quickly!

So here I am in cyberspace, sharing my genuine shock and horror with anyone who'll listen and maybe I'll even meet some other over 50s who find themselves in the same predicament!

Welcome to my dilemna!!

Friday, January 26, 2018

Best Australia Day EVER

I don't even remember what time I woke up today, but I didn't leave my bed until after 3pm!

I spent the entire day in bed with Denise Duffield-Thomas.

She is a highly successful entrepreneur and I am following her and doing some of her online workshops and courses.  You might remember me talking about her book "Get Rich Lucky Bitch" a few months back.

Denise is pretty special and I have a lot admiration for her and what she has achieved and continues to achieve.

A little while after 3pm I asked Adoring Husband to drive me to the shop so that I could pick up my trike. While I was there, I remembered a few other things that needed to come home, so I kept going back into the shop to bring them out for AH to put in the car.

After my fourth trip inside the shop, AH drove off and I rode home. I took the river path and wished I'd remembered to bring my camera ... for better quality photos than this ...



Not ten minutes after I arrived home, I received a phone call from AJ who works at the real estate office at the front our building. I didn't answer the call because I was about to get in the shower, but she left a message to tell me that she had walked past our shop and the front door was ajar.

OMG I had forgotten to lock the door!

So I asked AH to drive to the shop and lock the door for me.

Ten minutes later I received a phone call from The Motivator. She too had received a call from AJ and she had turned up at the shop not long after AH had been there to lock the doors.

What a debacle!

Thank goodness we live in such a small supportive community. I am very grateful for that.

It was another loser night at the bowls club - the usual suspects winning the big prizes. A friend won a LOT on the poker machines and the badge draw of $1200 went off tonight. Our group left at the usual time, but there was karaoke on tonight.

This is what was waiting for me when I returned home ...


What a champion Adoring Husband is!

I am sitting up in bed as I write this and it's now 11pm so it's time to sleep. I have work tomorrow.

Nite all.

No comments: