Nice to see you!

Three major events occurred for me last year (2010), all in the space of about 2 weeks. I turned 50. The following day I got married. Two weeks later, my oldest daughter became pregnant with her first child and my first grandchild.

Most middle-aged people will tell you that in their minds, they still feel 20 something. It's the same for me.

Wasn't it only yesterday that I was planning a night out with guys from the surf club? That gorgeous new perm. Flaired, cuffed denims and the red t-shirt with the off-the-shoulder frill. Corked platform wedgies. **sigh**

Suddenly I'm looking in the mirror and wondering how 30 years can flash by so damned quickly!

So here I am in cyberspace, sharing my genuine shock and horror with anyone who'll listen and maybe I'll even meet some other over 50s who find themselves in the same predicament!

Welcome to my dilemna!!

Sunday, January 21, 2018

Day of Rest?

That's funny.

Usually I take full advantage of Sunday as my day of rest, but today was different.

I was feeling somewhat motivated to get some 'stuff' done.

It was a slow start to the day and I stayed in bed reading until 9.30 am, but this is how my day went once I got out of bed:

  • stripped our bed
  • washed six loads of washing
  • unpegged five loads of washing, folded it and put it away
  • moved some of Adoring Husband's shirts from the back room to his wardrobe
  • found and emptied a washing basket full of handbags so that I could use it to empty the linen cupboard
  • emptied the linen cupboard
  • filled half a sulo bin full of culled hand towels, bedding, table cloths, cushion covers, table runners, place mats etc etc
  • rearranged everything else back into the linen cupboard
  • remade the bed
  • made lunch, including a berry smoothie (yum)
  • made a kombucha
  • sorted through and culled some of my old jewellery
  • fed my sour dough starter
  • cleared a few things out of the fridge
  • ironed a few items of clothing
  • made gravy for the roast dinner that Adoring Husband cooked in the barbecue on the rotisserie
  • watched the first episode of the first series of 'Outlander' (thinking of you Rebel Mardi)
  • now sitting in front of the television to watch Nick Kyrgios play his tennis match
  • looking at my house, you wouldn't even know that I had been busy all day 
I hope that Kyrgios wins quickly tonight so that I can have an early night. It's going to be a big week!






Have a fabulous week!

Nite all.    

No comments: