Nice to see you!

Three major events occurred for me last year (2010), all in the space of about 2 weeks. I turned 50. The following day I got married. Two weeks later, my oldest daughter became pregnant with her first child and my first grandchild.

Most middle-aged people will tell you that in their minds, they still feel 20 something. It's the same for me.

Wasn't it only yesterday that I was planning a night out with guys from the surf club? That gorgeous new perm. Flaired, cuffed denims and the red t-shirt with the off-the-shoulder frill. Corked platform wedgies. **sigh**

Suddenly I'm looking in the mirror and wondering how 30 years can flash by so damned quickly!

So here I am in cyberspace, sharing my genuine shock and horror with anyone who'll listen and maybe I'll even meet some other over 50s who find themselves in the same predicament!

Welcome to my dilemna!!

Thursday, March 22, 2018

Serenade Me!

I was surprised to take delivery of our Serenade order today!

I wasn't expecting it until Friday or Monday, so it was a pleasant surprise.

It took me ALL DAY to check everything off the invoice, price it all, pack their protective bags inside them and then figure out how to display them.

There are some stunning bags and purses in the mix and I SO need to control myself and not take three of the bags home just for me! Maybe five of them! Drool Drool









The gale force conditions, combined with the scudding showers, kept people indoors today, so it was a very quiet day in the shop - which was fortuitous for getting stuff done.

Tomorrow is the final session for the photography workshop, so I need to get some sleep in preparation for some practical work on a photo shoot. I hope the weather is conducive to a successful shoot.

It was lonely without The Motivator today, so I'm looking forward to spending some time with her tomorrow.

Nite all.

No comments: