Nice to see you!

Three major events occurred for me last year (2010), all in the space of about 2 weeks. I turned 50. The following day I got married. Two weeks later, my oldest daughter became pregnant with her first child and my first grandchild.

Most middle-aged people will tell you that in their minds, they still feel 20 something. It's the same for me.

Wasn't it only yesterday that I was planning a night out with guys from the surf club? That gorgeous new perm. Flaired, cuffed denims and the red t-shirt with the off-the-shoulder frill. Corked platform wedgies. **sigh**

Suddenly I'm looking in the mirror and wondering how 30 years can flash by so damned quickly!

So here I am in cyberspace, sharing my genuine shock and horror with anyone who'll listen and maybe I'll even meet some other over 50s who find themselves in the same predicament!

Welcome to my dilemna!!

Friday, March 23, 2018

Done for the Week

What an amazing day!

It all started like a big ball of hell.

I got out of bed as soon as my alarm went off at 6am and jumped under the shower to wash my hair and prepare for the day.

I needed to be at work bright and early to set up the training room for the final session of my photography course, which I hadn't even finished creating, and still needed to finalise a couple of the finer details once I got to the shop.

Adoring Husband drove to the shop ahead of me, taking with him, my camera gear, the shop cash tin and my wheelie bag with my laptop and paperwork for the course. He arrived well before me, and as I walked in the door, he came through the training room door and closed it behind him.

BIG mistake.

The door handle has always been a bit dodgy and sometimes sticks if you turn it the wrong way, but today it was so much worse, when it actually locked itself fast. It doesn't have a key lock, but has a little slot which under normal circumstances you could turn with a screw driver to unlock it.

But dodgy doors don't fall under 'normal circumstances' and this one was locked fast.

There was a lot of swearing by me. There was a lot of stomping by me. There was a lot of eye rolling by me. There was a lot of name calling by me. There was a lot of huffing and puffing by me.

By the time AH drove home to find some tools to open the door - or should I say "rip the door apart" - and then actually ripped the door apart, I had about twenty minutes remaining to set up the room for my participants.

Truth is, the door is still intact, but the door handle is in a million pieces on the bottom of my desk rubbish bin. It took FOREVER for him to remove it!

I was still ready for the course on time and we actually went out for some photography on the beach where we attempted some 'leading lines', some straight horizons and some rule of thirds photography, using our cameras on 'manual' mode.

It was a huge success and the girls were very happy with the course - so I will ask them to write a review each, which should help me recruit for my next course in June.

The Motivator returned to work today and in one morning, our takings were more than every other day of the week put together! Amazing how the change of energy in the shop brought so many people  through the doors.

The final sale of the day was a gentleman from out of town who bought one of my photos! A big one!

I have tomorrow off work and I am really looking forward to having a lazy day. AH has to go to Bundaberg in his SES role, to help with the Queen's Baton Relay.

The hands of the clock are rapidly approaching midnight, so I'm off to bed.

A BIG Happy Birthday to Vegan Chickie who is out celebrating her 38th birthday tonight!

Nite all.

No comments: