Nice to see you!

Three major events occurred for me last year (2010), all in the space of about 2 weeks. I turned 50. The following day I got married. Two weeks later, my oldest daughter became pregnant with her first child and my first grandchild.

Most middle-aged people will tell you that in their minds, they still feel 20 something. It's the same for me.

Wasn't it only yesterday that I was planning a night out with guys from the surf club? That gorgeous new perm. Flaired, cuffed denims and the red t-shirt with the off-the-shoulder frill. Corked platform wedgies. **sigh**

Suddenly I'm looking in the mirror and wondering how 30 years can flash by so damned quickly!

So here I am in cyberspace, sharing my genuine shock and horror with anyone who'll listen and maybe I'll even meet some other over 50s who find themselves in the same predicament!

Welcome to my dilemna!!

Sunday, March 18, 2018

Starvarated

I can't believe how hungry I am today!

It all started with a big cup of chicken bone broth, followed by eight small chicken n pork meatballs with home made spicy tomato sauce, followed by a glass of kombucha, followed by a plate of home made ice cream, followed by home made crackers dipped in home made guacamole, followed by a dragon fruit.

I didn't eat it all in one hit!

It's 6.30pm now, so that was over ten hours and tonight we'll be having porterhouse steak with salad for dinner and a fresh batch of home made ice cream for dessert. The ice cream is made from frozen pineapple, banana, dragon fruit, coconut cream, pure maple syrup and a pinch of salt, all chucked in the blender or food processor.

I sat in bed and did some of my studies until about 1.30pm when I got up and watched a great old black and white movie with Bing Crosby - 'Going My Way'.

The only housework that I've done is a couple of loads of washing and I'm just about to make the ice cream for after dinner, but I have to say that I'm still feeling very tired and a bit run down. I think I'm all 'peopled' out.

It's our first caffeine free day today. Adoring Husband has decided to go completely Paleo again because he has gained so much weight. Too much coffee, potato, bread, cookies and rice. I will probably still have a coffee every now and then when I'm at work, but I'm happy to get rid of the other foods that I mentioned.

A H is currently cooking our steak on the barbecue and I have prepared the salad to go with it, so it's time to end this post.

It will definitely be an early night for me.

A big hullo to The Blonde Bombshell, who I know has her phone working now and hopefully gets to read this every day while she's in hospital. I'll have to make it all a bit more interesting!

Nite all.

No comments: