Nice to see you!

Three major events occurred for me last year (2010), all in the space of about 2 weeks. I turned 50. The following day I got married. Two weeks later, my oldest daughter became pregnant with her first child and my first grandchild.

Most middle-aged people will tell you that in their minds, they still feel 20 something. It's the same for me.

Wasn't it only yesterday that I was planning a night out with guys from the surf club? That gorgeous new perm. Flaired, cuffed denims and the red t-shirt with the off-the-shoulder frill. Corked platform wedgies. **sigh**

Suddenly I'm looking in the mirror and wondering how 30 years can flash by so damned quickly!

So here I am in cyberspace, sharing my genuine shock and horror with anyone who'll listen and maybe I'll even meet some other over 50s who find themselves in the same predicament!

Welcome to my dilemna!!

Wednesday, March 21, 2018

She's Baaa-aaack!

The Motivator has returned!!


Woot Woot Welcome Home!!

Today, in The Happy Abode, it was completely the opposite of yesterday! Only five people came through the doors all day and while they had wonderful things to say about the shop, our prices and the lovely atmosphere, few people wanted to spend their money.

It's funny how some days (like yesterday), people walk in obviously wanting to spend spend spend and other days, like today, people come into the shop completely empty handed just to have a look only. Sometimes they return days later with friends in tow, but there is certainly no pattern, no rhyme nor reason for the spending or non-spending habits of people.

After almost eight months in business - looking at the available data - the only pattern that really stands out is that every pension day (every alternate Wednesday) we can guarantee a quiet day because pensioners spend that particular day in The Bay doing their grocery shopping and paying their bills.

One thing is for sure, every day is a surprise! Generally speaking, people are extremely friendly and want to tell you their story and share their lives with you and it's one of the things that I really enjoy about having the shop. I hope that we have the shop long enough to develop relationships with the regular holiday-makers and get to look forward to their return every year.

We are just over a week away from Easter and the big Easter Fishing Classic which will be bringing hundreds of people to town. We are expecting new stock to arrive over the next week and we've offered the Classic a number of prizes for their raffles and a monetary donation for the kids fishing prizes. We need to put some signs up around town to attract extra attention and add some signage to where the big classic brings the biggest crowds ... The Lions Park.

My watch is just about to tell me to go to bed, so I shall sign off here to do as I'm told ... for a change!

I have a lot to do tomorrow.


Nite all.

No comments: