Nice to see you!

Three major events occurred for me last year (2010), all in the space of about 2 weeks. I turned 50. The following day I got married. Two weeks later, my oldest daughter became pregnant with her first child and my first grandchild.

Most middle-aged people will tell you that in their minds, they still feel 20 something. It's the same for me.

Wasn't it only yesterday that I was planning a night out with guys from the surf club? That gorgeous new perm. Flaired, cuffed denims and the red t-shirt with the off-the-shoulder frill. Corked platform wedgies. **sigh**

Suddenly I'm looking in the mirror and wondering how 30 years can flash by so damned quickly!

So here I am in cyberspace, sharing my genuine shock and horror with anyone who'll listen and maybe I'll even meet some other over 50s who find themselves in the same predicament!

Welcome to my dilemna!!

Tuesday, March 20, 2018

Terrific Tuesday

The energy felt completely different at The Happy Abode today.

My plan for getting to the shop early (8am) so that I could watch the live video call for my course, fell by the wayside when I woke up feeling lethargic and totally unmotivated.

I couldn't even drag myself out of bed until 7.30 and then my brain was lagging enough that I almost left the house without brushing my hair or putting on my make up.

I attempted to partly watch and partly listen to the live video call while I was getting ready, but I wasn't very successful. I left the house at 8.40am and arrived at the shop just before 8.50am with enough time to open the shop on my own, because Adoring Husband had SES duties, just in time to welcome Tweedle Dee (new name yet to be announced) for morning coffee.

There were four of us for coffee and it was 11am by the time our coffee date was over! Talking, talking, talking, talking and more talking!

It was busy in the shop with lots of customers and everybody was very happy and jovial and talkative and sharing and caring. I really enjoyed the day.

Aside from tending to customers, I paid some bills and answered some emails, did the banking and tidied up a bit ... my desk is still in need of some attention - maybe I'll have time to do that tomorrow.

AH helped me close the shop and we did some grocery shopping together before heading straight home.

I chopped up three more pineapples to freeze for our fruit whips, so now we have about twelve bags of it frozen in the freezer. Three bags of banana. Five bags of dragon fruit. Frozen fruit deliciousness for weeks to come!

We had Hainan Chicken for dinner. Yum.

We watched a very juicy episode of Married at First Sight and I can't wait for the final show tomorrow night (Wednesday). It's going to be epic!

Now it's exactly the right time for me to go to bed.

Nite all.

No comments: