Nice to see you!

Three major events occurred for me last year (2010), all in the space of about 2 weeks. I turned 50. The following day I got married. Two weeks later, my oldest daughter became pregnant with her first child and my first grandchild.

Most middle-aged people will tell you that in their minds, they still feel 20 something. It's the same for me.

Wasn't it only yesterday that I was planning a night out with guys from the surf club? That gorgeous new perm. Flaired, cuffed denims and the red t-shirt with the off-the-shoulder frill. Corked platform wedgies. **sigh**

Suddenly I'm looking in the mirror and wondering how 30 years can flash by so damned quickly!

So here I am in cyberspace, sharing my genuine shock and horror with anyone who'll listen and maybe I'll even meet some other over 50s who find themselves in the same predicament!

Welcome to my dilemna!!

Saturday, March 24, 2018

All the Rs

Rest.

Relax.

Rejuvenate.

Revive.

Revitalise.

Retreat.

My day was full of it ... all the Rs.

Spent the entire day in bed clearing my energy, meditating, breathing it out, dozing, eating nutritious food, drinking lots of filtered water, studying, writing and resting.

I still feel a bit lethargic and I have a slight infection in my left eye which is annoying, but I'm dosing it up with colloidal silver gel every couple of hours and I can feel it improving and healing, so hopefully by tomorrow morning, I won't have to worry about it anymore.

Adoring Husband has returned home after a long day in Bundaberg on SES duty and his body is cramping up from being on his feet all day.

I had a big pot of lamb shanks waiting for him when he got home and it was full of healthful veg like carrot, zucchini, sweet potato, onion, tomato, garlic and celery. The usual fruit whip was what followed and now he is under a hot shower trying to relax those tight muscles.

His tomorrow is booked out doing the same thing in Hervey Bay and Maryborough, but that depends on how well his body recovers during the night.

What a pair we are!

Depending on how I feel upon waking tomorrow, I hope to do some decluttering through the house, but we'll see.

My watch is telling me to get some sleep.


Have a wonderful Sunday.

Nite all.

 


No comments: