Nice to see you!

Three major events occurred for me last year (2010), all in the space of about 2 weeks. I turned 50. The following day I got married. Two weeks later, my oldest daughter became pregnant with her first child and my first grandchild.

Most middle-aged people will tell you that in their minds, they still feel 20 something. It's the same for me.

Wasn't it only yesterday that I was planning a night out with guys from the surf club? That gorgeous new perm. Flaired, cuffed denims and the red t-shirt with the off-the-shoulder frill. Corked platform wedgies. **sigh**

Suddenly I'm looking in the mirror and wondering how 30 years can flash by so damned quickly!

So here I am in cyberspace, sharing my genuine shock and horror with anyone who'll listen and maybe I'll even meet some other over 50s who find themselves in the same predicament!

Welcome to my dilemna!!

Sunday, March 25, 2018

De-what???

What was that word I mentioned yesterday?

Decluttering?

Haha!

Noooooooo.

There was no decluttering done today.

The most effort I made today was putting together a salad to go with our protein tonight.

I accidentally stumbled across my suitcase in the spare bedroom (where Adoring Husband had put it some time ago) and it still contained some of my clothes from the trip to Sydney!!

One of those items was a kaftan that I bought at a temporary kiosk in the mall near our motel.

Those of you who know me, know that I am not generally a kaftan kind of girl - but it is was bought as my anchor - my anchor to the magnesium filtered pool that is in our future!

I wore it today and it's comfortable if you're sitting around doing nothing, but it kind of gets in the way when you're trying to do something like getting clothes out of the washing machine, wiping down kitchen benches or grabbing lots of food items out of the fridge.

So the plan is to get the pool, wear the kaftan and sit around the pool doing nothing! Kaftans are perfect for doing nothing!

I have nothing to show for today.

Nothing to share.

I'm looking forward to some early morning meditation tomorrow and a lovely day at work with The Motivator.

HappyMonday!


Nite sll.

No comments: